+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Romo still not released. I don't like this....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueClue View Post
    Romo when healthy can tear you apart. He has value.
    Jerry is right to demand some draft choices
    I disagree. Sure he's a proven quarterback but he's barey played in 3 years, has an iniuy history, and is 37. The Cowboys were supposed to "do right" by Romo and release him and let him find a place to finish out his career. Now they want to get picks for him? What team is going to take that risk? Maybe an idiot GM. Maybe for a 6th or 7th rounder and even then. I feel teams are going to call the Cowboys bluff and wait. Otherwise, he's on the books right?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflam View Post
    I disagree. Sure he's a proven quarterback but he's barey played in 3 years, has an iniuy history, and is 37. The Cowboys were supposed to "do right" by Romo and release him and let him find a place to finish out his career. Now they want to get picks for him? What team is going to take that risk? Maybe an idiot GM. Maybe for a 6th or 7th rounder and even then. I feel teams are going to call the Cowboys bluff and wait. Otherwise, he's on the books right?
    They will need to cut him before june 1 or he's on the books ...that's the way I understand it I i'm another team I'm waiting Dallas is not going to pay him 14mil to be a backup...or one would think

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    They will need to cut him before june 1 or he's on the books ...that's the way I understand it I i'm another team I'm waiting Dallas is not going to pay him 14mil to be a backup...or one would think
    That's not what I heard Big B. I heard they can keep him right up to just before the season starts without costing them anything.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    always liked Romo and thought he was a good QB and was better than a lot out there, unfortunately he had the bad luck to make mistakes with the ball at the wrong time and lately he seemed to be injury prone....
    Lately?? Nah Romo has been injury proned since the 2008 season. Agreed with everything else you said about Romo. I think he hasn't fully recovered from that Seattle meltdown game during the 06 playoff game. Being a choke artist I think is what the masses still label him as. Otherwise very good qb and career he's had in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by jay051 View Post
    Lately?? Nah Romo has been injury proned since the 2008 season. Agreed with everything else you said about Romo. I think he hasn't fully recovered from that Seattle meltdown game during the 06 playoff game. Being a choke artist I think is what the masses still label him as. Otherwise very good qb and career he's had in Dallas.
    He's a really good player who's been unlucky. That hit he took in preseason against Seattle would have laid anyone up. It looked like he broke his back.....which technically he did.
    Anyone who thinks Houston or Denver can't win a SB with Romo is whistling past the graveyard. Especially Denver.
    Luck can change on a dime.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    That's not what I heard Big B. I heard they can keep him right up to just before the season starts without costing them anything.
    Yeah your right, guess it boils down to how much and when Dallas wants to take the cap hit for the dead money 19.6 mil .... June first designation spreads it out over 2 years

+ Reply to Thread