+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Big Hank returning to NY becoming more likely each day

https://elitesportsny.com/2017/03/12...w-york-giants/

Basically what others have said around here. Generally speaking most big name free agents get contracts rather quickly. The longer it takes Hank to get a big deal the more likely it is he won't get it. Coming back to NY on a 1 year deal could be good for him and us. I hope Hank comes back this year.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

Banned
    A 1 yr deal?? For realz??

I was expecting a big market for him and didn't even want him back being that he's not really an IDEAL fit, but hes still a solid DT who contributes a decent bit to our run D, I'd be very happy to have him back cheap, 1 less hole and we get to keep our 4 apes up front

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    https://elitesportsny.com/2017/03/12...w-york-giants/

Basically what others have said around here. Generally speaking most big name free agents get contracts rather quickly. The longer it takes Hank to get a big deal the more likely it is he won't get it. Coming back to NY on a 1 year deal could be good for him and us. I hope Hank comes back this year.
    IMO the only way he comes back is if they reach and agreement with JPP.

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    IMO the only way he comes back is if they reach and agreement with JPP.
    Yeah I think they need to reach a deal with JPP just for the cap space. Hope that happens soon.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

this would be good, would love to retain most of last years defense.

Veteran
    Hankins would definitely be a plus in our defense. If anybody doesn't think this guy was a main cog for us in our defense we weren't seeing the same things. The only reason he might be expendable is the draft is so deep on DL. But a rookie is not gonna have the same impact as Big Hank gave us in 2016. If by some chance we can keep this D line in tact it would be a major advantage to this defense.

Veteran
    I have no idea if this is true but it does feel like the Giants have been in contact with Hankins/Robinson people and that maybe there is an agreement on contract #s but Giants asking them for patience until they can nail down JPP #s.

I would think if Giants view Hank/Robinson as priorities -- they could find a way to make #s work even if JPP stays at franchise tag $17M #.

That might mean losing the likes of Vereen and maybe even something with DRC being worked on but if Giants view them as priorities -- I think they get it done (not sure at what cost to rest of roster).

Give JPP a contract .... restructure Harris and Vereen , cut JT Thomas

Keep Hank and Keenan Robinson

Defense is in tact .... focus mostly on offense in the draft

Veteran
    we need to keep big hank if at all possible. these 2 run stopping monsters side by side are a huge reason why we beat dallas twice last year.

Doesn't seem like much of a Market for him to no surprise. I think Anybody will look decent next to Snacks honestly!