+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    If there was a way to juggle things around to make more cap space room which I am sure there is then they should use it to bring in as many 2nd tier and beyond lineman to compete to better protect Manning. Grab a RB in Draft. Lots of good ones that they can get that would do fine behind a decent line

What's AP going to do behind this current giants line?? Avg 2/3 yards a carry if he is lucky??
    stop with the ****ing OL crap already,,,this is a fan issue not a team issue. its been beat to death.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    That wasn't your original point that I responded to. I'm not sold that ANY RB can do well behind our O-line.
    perkins had almost 500 yards on very limited carries,,112 to be exact. thats a little over 4 yards per carry with that OL....the commitment to jennings and running back of the week was the killer.

Quote Originally Posted by JameyC View Post
    perkins had almost 500 yards on very limited carries,,112 to be exact. thats a little over 4 yards per carry with that OL....the commitment to jennings and running back of the week was the killer.
    lol.....we had one of the worst run blocking offensive lines in the NFL. Just stop.

Jennings averaged 3.3 YPC last year and 4.4 the year before. You think the drop off was all him?

When you take a way the few times either one of them broke a big play, those averages drop dramatically.
    Last edited by FBomb; 03-12-2017 at 04:51 PM.
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

If they can find another good RB to go with Perkins, that would be nice. Darkwa is not going to scare any defense. Vereen is a question mark.

Veteran
    From the "get go" I've wanted Lacy on a 1 yr "prove it" deal. Motivated and BIG. The thought of AP getting his ring with NYG however, harkens us back to OJ Anderson getting his as a Giant after a great career. Either one of these guys I'm in.

Veteran
    lol.....we had one of the worst run blocking offensive lines in the NFL. Just stop.

Jennings averaged 3.3 YPC last year and 4.4 the year before. You think the drop off was all him?

When you take a way the few times either one of them broke a big play, those averages drop dramatically.
    Our oline was trash but there were plenty of RBs that could do great behind our oline, but they are all GREAT ones lol great RBs always dominate, the great ones can create on their own

Jennings was absolute trash, unbelievably slow and constantly ran into an olinemans back when there was a hole open, he really offered nothing at all, Perkins even showed something behind this oline, though another thing that doesn't help either of them is the predictability of our TIMING with run calls, and even the draw ups to some extent.. in short..

Oline sucks, play calling sucks, Jennings sucks.. all pretty much equally I'd say, but though having a good oline obviously helps with a run game, history shows that good RBs can produce behind bad ones, it's one of the rare and more surprising positions you can say that about but sometimes all they need to do is break one tackle and they're home free, AP or Lacy would be a great addition especially to compliment Perkins

Quote Originally Posted by Eliordie View Post
    Our oline was trash but there were plenty of RBs that could do great behind our oline, but they are all GREAT ones lol great RBs always dominate, the great ones can create on their own

Jennings was absolute trash, unbelievably slow and constantly ran into an olinemans back when there was a hole open, he really offered nothing at all, Perkins even showed something behind this oline, though another thing that doesn't help either of them is the predictability of our TIMING with run calls, and even the draw ups to some extent.. in short..

Oline sucks, play calling sucks, Jennings sucks.. all pretty much equally I'd say, but though having a good oline obviously helps with a run game, history shows that good RBs can produce behind bad ones, it's one of the rare and more surprising positions you can say that about but sometimes all they need to do is break one tackle and they're home free, AP or Lacy would be a great addition especially to compliment Perkins
    I disagree about RB's being able to do well behind THIS line. Far to many times this line allowed runs of negative yards.

I can see the argument that our pass blocking was better than some teams, but our run blocking was just abysmal.
    Last edited by FBomb; 03-12-2017 at 06:07 PM.

That wasn't your original point that I responded to. I'm not sold that ANY RB can do well behind our O-line.
    Well were kinda saying the same thing. I do not think anyone could do well including AP or Lacy.. You would have to spend quite a big of Cap Space and Juggle like you said to make it work to get one of them in here. And for what?? To put them behind that same dumpster fire of a line would be a waste.. So my take is to spend what money they free up to try and shore up the line and then go get a Back in the Draft or later in the off season there may still be some Vets out there that get Cut that can work better then Jennings did
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by JameyC View Post
    stop with the ****ing OL crap already,,,this is a fan issue not a team issue. its been beat to death.
    ITs been beat to death because the Giants have not addressed the team issue.. If the giants as a Franchise think they do not have a problem at this position then we as fans can expect another long season of them not being able to score any points.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Well were kinda saying the same thing. I do not think anyone could do well including AP or Lacy.. You would have to spend quite a big of Cap Space and Juggle like you said to make it work to get one of them in here. And for what?? To put them behind that same dumpster fire of a line would be a waste.. So my take is to spend what money they free up to try and shore up the line and then go get a Back in the Draft or later in the off season there may still be some Vets out there that get Cut that can work better then Jennings did
    In the end we are saying the same thing. Your OP wasn't as specific as this. I thought you were just saying we are in cap hell already,