+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    i think the Giants will target another RB in the draft. I'm not sure grabbing an old vet RB is the move Reese would make esp after just having Jennings over 30 plodding along through the season lol.

Im kind of expecting a rb somewhere in the first 4 rounds of this draft. Pair them up with Perkins. Perkins Rook Vereen Darkwa

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    I disagree about RB's being able to do well behind THIS line. Far to many times this line allowed runs of negative yards.

I can see the argument that our pass blocking was better than some teams, but our run blocking was just abysmal.
    i mean im not arguing that the OL was a good blocking team at all last year, but you cant deny Perkins didnt look terrible running the ball and Jennings most certainly did.

and while i agree the Giants definitely need to upgrade the OL further now and for the future, i think it's fair to say that their additions of Fluker and Ellison (and hopefully/maybe more) are ones in which the Giants can improve the offense.

Ellison being an HB enables the Giants to line up in more formations such as the 12 or 21 formations with a FB or 2 TEs instead of always running the 11 formation out of the shotgun like the Giants did 90% of the time last year. That alone should help not make the Giants so predictable. Fluker at RG is a better run blocker than John Jerry was. He may not be the best against the pass, but he can maul in the running game.

If the Giants can run the ball better with the help of Fluker and Ellison, they can then in turn hopefully keep the defense on their toes. Teams are already terrified of Odell. Add into that Bmarsh and his skill set and reputation and year older Sterling Shepard. If the Giants can take advantage of teams sitting back with 2 deep by running the ball, unlike they could last year, then the offense as a whole may open up.

This is obviously just what im thinking and hoping happens. But i think the Giants moves so far have indicated that they want to be able to run the ball better. And if they can, the offense will look a lot better than last year.

why in the world would anyone want Lacy? he's fat and doesn't fit our style at all. we don't open up huge holes for anyone and he's not exactly the most elusive RB.

Perkins is fine as the starting RB. We have Darkwa who can bang inside and Vereen to do his passing downs thing. Sign a vet for small money and we're fine. RBs are a dime a dozen. I don't even wanna spend a draft pick on one. Rhett Ellison can even fill in there.

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    i mean im not arguing that the OL was a good blocking team at all last year, but you cant deny Perkins didnt look terrible running the ball and Jennings most certainly did.

and while i agree the Giants definitely need to upgrade the OL further now and for the future, i think it's fair to say that their additions of Fluker and Ellison (and hopefully/maybe more) are ones in which the Giants can improve the offense.

Ellison being an HB enables the Giants to line up in more formations such as the 12 or 21 formations with a FB or 2 TEs instead of always running the 11 formation out of the shotgun like the Giants did 90% of the time last year. That alone should help not make the Giants so predictable. Fluker at RG is a better run blocker than John Jerry was. He may not be the best against the pass, but he can maul in the running game.

If the Giants can run the ball better with the help of Fluker and Ellison, they can then in turn hopefully keep the defense on their toes. Teams are already terrified of Odell. Add into that Bmarsh and his skill set and reputation and year older Sterling Shepard. If the Giants can take advantage of teams sitting back with 2 deep by running the ball, unlike they could last year, then the offense as a whole may open up.

This is obviously just what im thinking and hoping happens. But i think the Giants moves so far have indicated that they want to be able to run the ball better. And if they can, the offense will look a lot better than last year.
    There were many times the line made Perkins "look terrible".

I think Perkins could be a GREAT Tiki-like back.....and the Giants have no doubt made moves to make the run blocking better. Which goes to the point that the run blocking was abysmal and that I do not agree that a "better" back would have automatically done better.

I'd like to see them bring in a Jacobs-like back too. A big bruising freight train.
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Alb View Post
    why in the world would anyone want Lacy? he's fat and doesn't fit our style at all. we don't open up huge holes for anyone and he's not exactly the most elusive RB.

Perkins is fine as the starting RB. We have Darkwa who can bang inside and Vereen to do his passing downs thing. Sign a vet for small money and we're fine. RBs are a dime a dozen. I don't even wanna spend a draft pick on one. Rhett Ellison can even fill in there.
    Actually, Lacy lost weight and was having a good year until he got hurt.
    No one likes a snitch.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    With what Money??
    Hey, Eli, you like RBs?

Count me in for wanting Peterson. He still has legs.
    1-OT Ryan Ramczyk
    2-TE Adam Shaheen
    3-DE Demarcus Walker
    4-RB Samaje Perine
    5-QB Joshua Dobbs
    6-CB Marquez White
    7-LB Ben Boulware

Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    +1 whatever team gets lacy is going to be pretty happy...if he can stay healthy. That's why I think he would be a perfect fit for the giants. Him and Perkins splitting the carrys
    2017 offensive plan
    1. cut jennings, cruz
    2. draft a atleast 1- RB, WR, TE in rounds 1-3
    3.draft oline-rounds 1-3

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    There were many times the line made Perkins "look terrible".

I think Perkins could be a GREAT Tiki-like back.....and the Giants have no doubt made moves to make the run blocking better. Which goes to the point that the run blocking was abysmal and that I do not agree that a "better" back would have automatically done better.

I'd like to see them bring in a Jacobs-like back too. A big bruising freight train.
    No GOOD running back is gonna average 3.3 yards a carry under any circumstance, our run blocking was **** bit when there was a hole Jennings didn't run through, sometimes because he didn't see it, sometimes because he was to slow to get there in time, can't have a running back that slow and doesn't break any tackles or make anybody miss, hell he couldn't even push for a yard, calling him worthless would be a compliment

Perkins made it through those holes with his speed and short area quickness, I'm not even a huge Perkins fan but he showed that he's 10x the back that Jennings is with the same line

any chance Ellison is here to recruit AP? lol

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    And I would argue that he does fit what we do well. He's had success running out of shot gun.