+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Favorite OL This Year

So it seems like the biggest 3 names in the draft on the OL are Ramcyzk, Bolles, and Lamp. Who do u guys like most and why??

Personally Ram's injury history scares the cap outta me, Bolles has amazing athletic ability, but being a 25yr old rookie isn't a good look. Which leaves Lamp, while he'll probably become a Guard he looks like a hell of a player

Not totally sold on Bolles but I would be OK with him in the 1st. Would love Lamp in the 1st, and would be pissed if we took Ram in the 1st

Hell even Dion Dawkins in the 3rd would be OK if we don't go OL in the 1st or 2nd
    1st- OJ Howard, TE
    2nd- Caleb Brantley, DT
    3rd- Dorian Johnson, OG/RT
    4th- Samaje Perine, RB
    5th- Damontae Kazee, CB
    6th- Ejuan Price, DE/OLB
    7th- Tedric Thompson, FS

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

BOLLES: Grade 6.1

SOURCES TELL US "Most athletic offensive lineman I've done since I took over this area of the country. He's also mean on the field, which you love. I'm projecting him to get stronger once he locks into an NFL strength-and-conditioning program. He's underdeveloped right now. What you see isn't what you are going to ultimately get, in my opinion." -- West area scout for NFC team
    NFL COMPARISON Cedric Ogbuehi
    BOTTOM LINE Because he's only played one year of FBS football and hasn't been able to fully fill out his frame over the last five years, Bolles will require a projection and conjecture than most of the tackles in this year's draft. He clearly has elite athletic ability and foot quickness, but his lack of core strength and ability to sustain blocks against power across from him is a concern at this time. While he has Pro Bowl potential for a zone-scheme team, his floor will be a little lower than you might like in an early round pick.
    -Lance Zierlein

--RAMCZYK-- Grade: 6.2

SOURCES TELL US "He's really athletic and he's really smart. There are a lot of Wisconsin linemen who start in the league because they learn an NFL system and they are taught the right way. He played against Arden Key, Sam Hubbard and Taco Charlton. This guy is battle tested against three future first rounders." - NFC midwest scout
    NFL COMPARISON Joe Staley
    BOTTOM LINE Extremely confident tackle with the athleticism to stay on the left side and the technique to make an early impact as a starter. Ramczyk has the core strength and body control that should keep him connected to blocks in both the run and pass and he's proven to be scheme versatile with his playing style. Ramczyk is an early starter with the potential to become a good starting left tackle provided his medicals hold up.
    -Lance Zierlein

--LAMP-- Grade 6.17

SOURCES TELL US "He's the real deal. If he can snap, you could get away with playing him all up and down the line. Great feet, strong, smart." -- AFC executive
    NFL COMPARISON Zach Martin
    BOTTOM LINE Four-year starter at left tackle whose lack of length will likely force him inside on the next level. He has the athleticism to handle athletic interior rushers while being able to fit into diverse rushing attacks that ask more from the guards and centers. His ability to potentially line up at tackle, guard or center will only increase his value. Lamp's 2016 performance against Alabama's talented edge players was a resume-builder that shined a spotlight on his potential as a pro.

--DAWKINS-- Grade 5.8

SOURCES TELL US "I don't know if I see him as a guard or a tackle yet, but I think he can play both. I like him because I think he could upgrade our pass protection inside if we did bump him to guard, but he's athletic enough to play right tackle, too." -- AFC West scout
    NFL COMPARISON Joe Barksdale
    BOTTOM LINE Quality tackle who operates with good balance and solid technique. Shows some good initial quickness and a smooth kick-slide out of his stance, but might be better in short areas as a guard rather than in open space as a tackle. He's athletic enough to operate in space, but power appears to be his calling card. His wide-hand approach in pass protection could be a difficult habit to break, but he has the natural power to withstand bull rush that might come with that. Dawkins is a well-schooled, three-year starter who has chance to transition into an early starter.
    -Lance Zierlein
    Last edited by Kase-1; 03-12-2017 at 07:54 PM.
    1st- OJ Howard, TE
    2nd- Caleb Brantley, DT
    3rd- Dorian Johnson, OG/RT
    4th- Samaje Perine, RB
    5th- Damontae Kazee, CB
    6th- Ejuan Price, DE/OLB
    7th- Tedric Thompson, FS

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

I'm on the Garett Bolles camp. You can't teach speed! He has all of the tools necessary to be an effective tackle. The one thing he needs to do is get stronger. That's the easiest thing to do. He didn't want to bench press at the combine but he will at his Pro day. He will only get stronger as time passes with an NFL workout regime. He says Michael Oher was a source of inspiration for him. It just so happens that Michael Oher was drafted in the 1st round at pick 23. :-) Oher has his Super Bowl ring.

I love his strengths that they have listed for him:
    "Strengths - Elite athletic ability with the sweetest feet at the tackle position in this draft. Movement skills are smooth and unencumbered. There isn't an angle block he can't get to. Smooth climbs to linebackers as a work-up blocker, and has rare ability to accelerate from that block up to a third target. Has lateral quickness in run game to cross-face from backside and seal on the play-side. Can take quick settle steps, sinks and scoops defensive ends on base blocks. Quick feet allow for more patience to scan for stunts. Can meet edge speed with quick sets in pass pro. Plays with a mean streak and loves to finish. Outstanding change of direction to mirror without a hitch in his transition. Keeps weight on inside foot in his slides. Moves feet into position against inside counters. Balanced in his pass sets and keeps blocks centered. Should get bigger and stronger with more weight work after unorthodox path to the draft."
    Last edited by compaqnigg; 03-12-2017 at 08:23 PM.

Veteran
    none of these guys in the 1st, there will simply be a much better skilled position player available at 23..it has to be BPA. The comparisons some of these guys have to current NFL players is laughable,,,there are no joe Thomas' in this years 1st round. These guys are being over hyped and over valued in a pretty weak OL class.

Quote Originally Posted by compaqnigg View Post
    I'm on the Garett Bolles camp. You can't teach speed! He has all of the tools necessary to be an effective tackle. The one thing he needs to do is get stronger. That's the easiest thing to do. He didn't want to bench press at the combine but he will at his Pro day. He will only get stronger as time passes with an NFL workout regime. He says Michael Oher was a source of inspiration for him. It just so happens that Michael Oher was drafted in the 1st round at pick 23. :-) Oher has his Super Bowl ring.

I love his strengths that they have listed for him:
    "Strengths - Elite athletic ability with the sweetest feet at the tackle position in this draft. Movement skills are smooth and unencumbered. There isn't an angle block he can't get to. Smooth climbs to linebackers as a work-up blocker, and has rare ability to accelerate from that block up to a third target. Has lateral quickness in run game to cross-face from backside and seal on the play-side. Can take quick settle steps, sinks and scoops defensive ends on base blocks. Quick feet allow for more patience to scan for stunts. Can meet edge speed with quick sets in pass pro. Plays with a mean streak and loves to finish. Outstanding change of direction to mirror without a hitch in his transition. Keeps weight on inside foot in his slides. Moves feet into position against inside counters. Balanced in his pass sets and keeps blocks centered. Should get bigger and stronger with more weight work after unorthodox path to the draft."
    Michael Oher is not the comparison you want ... he stinks

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Michael Oher is not the comparison you want ... he stinks
    He might stink now, but he wasn't bad in his earlier years. He was voted 2nd in 2009 as Offensive Rookie of the Year by the Associated Press. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...the_Year_Award He was good enough to be on a Super Bowl winning team in 2012. How many great offensive linemen do you see drafted into the NFL that never win a Super Bowl? A lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    BOLLES: Grade 6.1

SOURCES TELL US "Most athletic offensive lineman I've done since I took over this area of the country. He's also mean on the field, which you love. I'm projecting him to get stronger once he locks into an NFL strength-and-conditioning program. He's underdeveloped right now. What you see isn't what you are going to ultimately get, in my opinion." -- West area scout for NFC team
    NFL COMPARISON Cedric Ogbuehi
    BOTTOM LINE Because he's only played one year of FBS football and hasn't been able to fully fill out his frame over the last five years, Bolles will require a projection and conjecture than most of the tackles in this year's draft. He clearly has elite athletic ability and foot quickness, but his lack of core strength and ability to sustain blocks against power across from him is a concern at this time. While he has Pro Bowl potential for a zone-scheme team, his floor will be a little lower than you might like in an early round pick.
    -Lance Zierlein

--RAMCZYK-- Grade: 6.2

SOURCES TELL US "He's really athletic and he's really smart. There are a lot of Wisconsin linemen who start in the league because they learn an NFL system and they are taught the right way. He played against Arden Key, Sam Hubbard and Taco Charlton. This guy is battle tested against three future first rounders." - NFC midwest scout
    NFL COMPARISON Joe Staley
    BOTTOM LINE Extremely confident tackle with the athleticism to stay on the left side and the technique to make an early impact as a starter. Ramczyk has the core strength and body control that should keep him connected to blocks in both the run and pass and he's proven to be scheme versatile with his playing style. Ramczyk is an early starter with the potential to become a good starting left tackle provided his medicals hold up.
    -Lance Zierlein

--LAMP-- Grade 6.17

SOURCES TELL US "He's the real deal. If he can snap, you could get away with playing him all up and down the line. Great feet, strong, smart." -- AFC executive
    NFL COMPARISON Zach Martin
    BOTTOM LINE Four-year starter at left tackle whose lack of length will likely force him inside on the next level. He has the athleticism to handle athletic interior rushers while being able to fit into diverse rushing attacks that ask more from the guards and centers. His ability to potentially line up at tackle, guard or center will only increase his value. Lamp's 2016 performance against Alabama's talented edge players was a resume-builder that shined a spotlight on his potential as a pro.

--DAWKINS-- Grade 5.8

SOURCES TELL US "I don't know if I see him as a guard or a tackle yet, but I think he can play both. I like him because I think he could upgrade our pass protection inside if we did bump him to guard, but he's athletic enough to play right tackle, too." -- AFC West scout
    NFL COMPARISON Joe Barksdale
    BOTTOM LINE Quality tackle who operates with good balance and solid technique. Shows some good initial quickness and a smooth kick-slide out of his stance, but might be better in short areas as a guard rather than in open space as a tackle. He's athletic enough to operate in space, but power appears to be his calling card. His wide-hand approach in pass protection could be a difficult habit to break, but he has the natural power to withstand bull rush that might come with that. Dawkins is a well-schooled, three-year starter who has chance to transition into an early starter.
    -Lance Zierlein
    By these descriptions I'd be fine with Ram, Bolles or Lamp. Lamps versatility intrigues me, and I think he can come in and play RG immediately.

The way they describe Bolles makes it seem as if he may not go in the first. I assume he will, but if there's a chance to go Lamp, then Bolles, I'd be pretty happy.
    2017 FA Targets:

Considering the draft, and the overall depth available at many positions of need for us, here's my "wish list" for FA.

Resign:
    *JPP DE NYG*
    *Jonathan Hankins - DT - NYG*
    *Marshall Newhouse - OG/OT - NYG*
    *Robbie Gould - K - NYG*

Targets:
    WR - Brandon Marshall, Kamar Aiken or Kendall Wright
    OG - Kevin Zeitler, Larry Warford
    OT - Kevin Beachum
    RB - Tim Hightower, Jamaal Charles

I would rank them: Ram, Lamp and then Bolles a distant 3rd.

What about Cam Robinson? I might take him over all of them if he somehow slips to 23

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I would rank them: Ram, Lamp and then Bolles a distant 3rd.

What about Cam Robinson? I might take him over all of them if he somehow slips to 23
    Ugh, Cam Robinson is Ereck Flowers 2.0. Literally the same intangibles in the combine as Flowers and the same problems too... lack of foot speed.

Quote Originally Posted by compaqnigg View Post
    Ugh, Cam Robinson is Ereck Flowers 2.0. Literally the same intangibles in the combine as Flowers and the same problems too... lack of foot speed.
    Neither of them have a lack of foot speed