+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Favorite OL This Year

Veteran
    Gil Brandt made a comment relative to Lamp last night on NFL Radio.

Basically said -- beware when there is a perception that a particular draft position group (OL) is weak. That undeserving players will be pushed higher.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post

Basically said -- beware when there is a perception that a particular draft position group (OL) is weak. That undeserving players will be pushed higher.
    Supply and demand.

At 23, I'd hate to see us call the 3rd or 4th name on our Oline board for the sake of getting help to the Oline, all the while proclaiming that name to be the top player on our board.
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

I like Ramcyzk as my top pick. Lamp looks awesome but I'd hate if the Giants pick another guy that ends up at guard. Bolles is 25 already and not strong enough. He should've filled out by now.

Quote Originally Posted by compaqnigg View Post
    He might stink now, but he wasn't bad in his earlier years. He was voted 2nd in 2009 as Offensive Rookie of the Year by the Associated Press. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...the_Year_Award He was good enough to be on a Super Bowl winning team in 2012. How many great offensive linemen do you see drafted into the NFL that never win a Super Bowl? A lot!
    The fact that he won a super bowl is irrelevant and has nothing to do with his successes on the field as a football player

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post

The Guards are pretty good this year, its not fair that theyre getting all grouped together with the rest of the OL, which isnt so hot this year.

Its easy to say "the whole OL class isnt that strong this year" when there isnt a top 5 LT pick or a top 10 LT pick, but that doesnt mean the Guards arent good

Id be thrilled to get: Lamp, Feeney, Dawkins, Dorian Johnson, or Issac Asiata in the draft this year. I feel like any 1 of those guys could step in and play day 1
    1st- OJ Howard or David Njoku, TE
    2nd- Dion Dawkins, OT/OG
    3rd- Jaleel Johnson, DT
    4th- Samaje Perine, RB
    5th- Damontae Kazee, CB
    6th- Ejuan Price, DE/OLB
    7th- Tedric Thompson, FS

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Really becoming a big fan of Dion Dawkins from Temple and Dorian Johnson from Pitt these days. I feel like they have more value than Lamp, who I think is an AWESOME player, but I feel that the talent gap between the 3 isnt worth a 1st round pick when we could get Dawkins or Johnson in the 2nd or 3rd.

Both guys are big athletic OL who could play RT or OG
    1st- OJ Howard or David Njoku, TE
    2nd- Dion Dawkins, OT/OG
    3rd- Jaleel Johnson, DT
    4th- Samaje Perine, RB
    5th- Damontae Kazee, CB
    6th- Ejuan Price, DE/OLB
    7th- Tedric Thompson, FS

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

+ Reply to Thread