+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Neither of them have a lack of foot speed
    You must be watching Giants football in an alternate reality. Take off your VR headset! haha.The NFL is changing pops, DEs are able to run 4.6, 40 yard dashes (aka Myles Garrett). You think a OL that runs a 40 yard dash at 5.3 seconds (aka Cam Robinson and Ereck Flowers) is going to be able to contain a DE with that sort of movement? Take off the VR headset.

Quote Originally Posted by compaqnigg View Post
    You must be watching Giants football in an alternate reality. Take off your VR headset! haha.The NFL is changing pops, DEs are able to run 4.6, 40 yard dashes (aka Myles Garrett). You think a OL that runs a 40 yard dash at 5.3 seconds (aka Cam Robinson and Ereck Flowers) is going to be able to contain a DE with that sort of movement? Take off the VR headset.
    They don't have adequate foot speed for OT because they run slower 40's than DE's?

You can't possibly be serious

Lamp and its not close.

I say draft lamp in the first to play guard and dawkins in the third for depth. There are no glaring needs on this team besides offensive line play. Might as well bring in a few more guus who have the potential to solidify that weakness while the eli window is still open. And when eli is gone, what better way to continue being successful than having a strong oline and defense until you get a future qv who can lead. Heck I would go lamp elflein/pocic and dawkins and add the youthful depth all at once while the holes in this team elsewhere arent there

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    They don't have adequate foot speed for OT because they run slower 40's than DE's?

You can't possibly be serious
    You can't be serious can you? I'm a master of logic TCHOF, you don't want to go down this path. Logic point #1 at what point does a person's speed come into factor? If you run a 6.4, 40 yard dash and I run a 4.6, 40 yard dash does that have any impact on me getting around you? I think we would be brainless if we said no. I always get a good chuckle when I hear people say: "But its the technique!" like technique solves everything. It doesn't, and that's a sad excuse to circumvent the real issue at hand. So since we establish that 40 time DOES matter, the real question is: At what speed deferential causes a significant advantage? That is subjective without substantial evidence, but I'd say if you ran a 5.3, 40 yard dash and I run a 4.6 yard dash I have an incredible advantage over you. Why does a 40 yard dash matter?

Because that tells me that you will be quicker in every other foot speed drill. Some people are more visual learners rather than using reasoning. So in that case, let me show you exhibit A: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combin...ombine-Workout Watch the 34 second mark. Watch that drill of Ereck Flowers at the combine. That says it all doesn't it? Watch that guy blow by him in that drill. That guy who's running past him isn't even close to the fastest DEs in the NFL. If you watch the 54 second clip in that video, Ereck can't even keep the man in front of him. That guy keeps on running outside of his reach over and over again. Not only is Ereck's foot speed slow, he doesn't have a good change of direction either as seen in the drill at the 12 second mark. He transfers his weight incorrectly in his feet which causes balancing issues. Athletes aren't taught this, it's a natural ability to run and maneuver yourself. Just like you can't teach someone to have a 36 inch vertical. You can show them the "technique" of how you jump but if you don't have the fast twitch muscle fibers, you aren't going anywhere. I want to show you the same drills that Ereck Flowers is doing but with Garrett Bolles doing them. The video exists, I saw it earlier today but I can't find it on NFL.com. You are going to have to take my word for it but the drill I showed above at the 34 second mark above, when Garrett Bolles does it, his man never makes it past him. That's how fast his foot speed is. His change of direction is lightening quick compared to Ereck Flowers too (12 second mark in the Ereck Flowers video).
    Last edited by compaqnigg; 03-12-2017 at 11:54 PM.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by compaqnigg View Post
    The NFL isn't changing, kid. That's why old farts like BB keep winning. But good luck with the VR headset stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    The NFL isn't changing, kid. That's why old farts like BB keep winning. But good luck with the VR headset stuff.
    BB keeps winning because he's ahead of the curve in terms of roster management and scheme. You can't seriously think the NFL isn't changing, it always is.
    1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
    2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
    3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
    4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    Yeah, he keeps on using some of the quickest NFL players in the game. Gronkowski is one of the fastest TEs in the league. Every year BB has a new WR with elite quickness on his team. BB gets it alright. He gets the right personnel on his team. He has the QB with the slowest 40 time in the league on his team because he knows he doesn't need his QB to be fast. But he sure as heck knows what positions do need speed and athleticism. You mix that with brains, a willingness to learn, and you will get results. Parcells was also a genius too. Guess who learned from Parcells? BB. Guess what BB does just like Parcells? He manages not only the team as a head coach, but he decides who to draft since he is the GM. You have to have vision to do both. You not only need to know schemes and how to execute it, but you need to know what sort of players you need to win. He has an advantage over so many teams since with other teams, the GM might have more say than the actual coach. Too many cooks in the kitchen. Not every coach can be both the GM and Head Coach.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by paul98 View Post
    BB keeps winning because he's ahead of the curve in terms of roster management and scheme. You can't seriously think the NFL isn't changing, it always is.
    That's funny how we wrote pretty much the same thing at the same exact time. Much respect.
    Last edited by compaqnigg; 03-13-2017 at 12:13 AM.

Veteran
    Lamp may be the safest pick can play OT or guard. Ram man is my preference. He looks and plays both run and pass well. Bolles if it takes time to learn can be 27 or 28 yrs old.
    Bengals lost Zeitler and Withworth which makes me believe they can draft Ramcyzk. Denver even with Okung they still thin on OL. So we not have to make that choice.i. If, Lamp and Ramcyzk are gone. Iwould take BPA and hope Dawkins is there in the second round.

Veteran
    Lamp may be the safest pick can play OT or guard. Ram man is my preference. He looks and plays both run and pass well. Bolles if it takes time to learn can be 27 or 28 yrs old.
    Bengals lost Zeitler and Withworth which makes me believe they can draft Ramcyzk. Denver even with Okung they still thin on OL. So we not have to make that choice.i. If, Lamp and Ramcyzk are gone. Iwould take BPA and hope Dawkins is there in the second round.