+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Opinions on this middle linebacker

How would you feel about the Giants signing Gerald Hodges 49ers middle linebacker after doing a letter reading he had a great break out season and ranked in the tub 5 middle linebackers stats I know he had a breakout season but wouldn't it be great for him to keep growing on our team after all linebacker has been an issue for a long time what are your thoughts I'm Gerald Hodges?

hey, at least we got a question mark

Giants don't have the cap space for that. They'll probably run with BJ Goodson. Can hope Rueben Foster drops but I doubt it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue15 View Post

Giants don't have the cap space for that. They'll probably run with BJ Goodson. Can hope Rueben Foster drops but I doubt it.
    they can always make the cap space if the interest is there...its so early yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JameyC View Post
    they can always make the cap space if the interest is there...its so early yet.
    I meant they don't have cap space for a MLB. That's a luxury. Yes Giants can create cap space but if they were to do so it would be for Hankins or another DT, more OL help, even a RB over a MLB

If we go MLB in the drsft I'd want Foster or Jarrad Davis from Florida.... MAYBE RaeKwon McMillan in the 3rd. Not really any outstanding MLB other than Foster

.....And the past few years I wanted us to draft: Vontaze Bufrict, Eric Kendricks, Myles Jack, and Scooby Wright. Only 1 CLOSE to the same realm of them in this year's draft is Foster
    1st- OJ Howard or David Njoku, TE
    2nd- Dion Dawkins, OT/OG
    3rd- Jaleel Johnson, DT
    4th- Samaje Perine, RB
    5th- Damontae Kazee, CB
    6th- Ejuan Price, DE/OLB
    7th- Tedric Thompson, FS

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    If we go MLB in the drsft I'd want Foster or Jarrad Davis from Florida.... MAYBE RaeKwon McMillan in the 3rd. Not really any outstanding MLB other than Foster

.....And the past few years I wanted us to draft: Vontaze Bufrict, Eric Kendricks, Myles Jack, and Scooby Wright. Only 1 CLOSE to the same realm of them in this year's draft is Foster
    same here. I've wanted a legit MLB in the draft for YEARS. Denzel Perryman was another I liked the year he came out.

same here. I've wanted a legit MLB in the draft for YEARS. Denzel Perryman was another I liked the year he came out.
    Forgot about Perryman.... I'll add Mason Foster and Kwon alexander to that list too
    1st- OJ Howard or David Njoku, TE
    2nd- Dion Dawkins, OT/OG
    3rd- Jaleel Johnson, DT
    4th- Samaje Perine, RB
    5th- Damontae Kazee, CB
    6th- Ejuan Price, DE/OLB
    7th- Tedric Thompson, FS

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Has anyone considered the Giants starting MLB could be JT Thomas. He has played in the middle before. The Giants have not cut him as speculated. They are paying him too much to have him sit on the bench. JT Thomas is a option that has not been discussed. Personally I would like the Giants to bring back Keenen and draft a long term solution this year or next.

Veteran

I think they are high on Goodson. Not only is money an issue this year, but will be for several upcoming seasons. At some point a team HAS to get starts out of the draft picks on their rookie deals. I have no knowledge of his smarts, but it appears BJ likes contact.

Veteran
    I like Hodges but he does not cover like Robinson. 49ers played 3-4 he played inside did minimal in coverage.