+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

If Odell Beckham Jr Has Another Great Season?

And let's say Odell behaves well this season, how much should the Giants pay Odell Beckham Jr next year?
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
    And let's say Odell behaves well this season, how much should the Giants pay Odell Beckham Jr next year?

What's his contract status for season 2018?

probably the same as Brown. maybe more

i think we have 2 yrs before having to worry about that though

Quote Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
    since they have a 5th year option, they pay him whatever the 5th year option is

Ok, thanks. So he'll become a FA in 2019. I wonder how important it will be for him to stay with the New York Football Giants? I know it's all about the money, but would he negotiate to stay, or take the very top dollar elsewhere?

It will cost a boat load of money to keep him and I think we will pay it. It'll be the biggest contract for a WR ever, considering salary cap increases and all. The real problem will be if Shep keeps on developing and becomes a stud he will command a lot of money too, will we pay two WRs lots of money?
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

Veteran
    they'll take the fifth year option, franchise tag him if needed the next year and then pay him once Eli has retired.

Odell wants to win. Hopefully by this time The Giants have Elis replacement and Odell will want to stay on with him.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    Ok, thanks. So he'll become a FA in 2019. I wonder how important it will be for him to stay with the New York Football Giants? I know it's all about the money, but would he negotiate to stay, or take the very top dollar elsewhere?
    He can be tagged in 19

Could very well be a 100 million dollar man 2 years from now and.. he deserves it, biggest star in the league, hand that man a blank check