+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tight end rankings

Can someone please confirm why Njoku is ranked so highly?

He's only had 62 catches in his college career and got outshone by Engram and Hodges at the combine.

OJ is the best TE in this class but no way I'd have Njoku as the #2!

His run after catch ability is off the charts but his hands scare me a bit. He has a lot of drops.

One player I like a lot that does not seem to get much hype at all is the te from Clemson. Leggett I believe his name is. He probably will fall to the 4th or 5th because he isn't one of those freaks running a 4.4 40 but he is a guy that I believe can offer tremendous value in the latter parts of the draft.

Veteran
    It's his physical/athletic package and the fact that he came on very strong scoring a bunch of TD's in his final 6 games or so.

He is long rangy, ran a decent (4.69 40) but also high-jumped, broad-jumped out of the building.

Hate to say this but Reese might describe him as "the JPP of tight ends".

Me --- I don't know about this kid and I don't think the Giants go TE in round 1 any longer --- but who knows.

Veteran
    Njoku has 64 catches in 22 games. Howard has 114 in 46. Njoku's 2016 was better statistically than any of Howard's seasons. Of the 4 you mentioned, only Howard has shown an ability to block better and only Engram has better tape catching the ball. Plus, he's the youngest. That's why he's the number 2 tight end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmulroy99 View Post
    Njoku has 64 catches in 22 games. Howard has 114 in 46. Njoku's 2016 was better statistically than any of Howard's seasons. Of the 4 you mentioned, only Howard has shown an ability to block better and only Engram has better tape catching the ball. Plus, he's the youngest. That's why he's the number 2 tight end.
    Great quick analysis, thank you

His YAC was off the charts when compared to the other TEs in the class. Would often make a lot happen after the catch at Miami..he would definitely give this offense a new dimension that is not seen with Will Tye at TE...only problem comes with his run blocking, which has to improve.
    1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
    2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
    3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
    4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by UKGiants96 View Post
    Can someone please confirm why Njoku is ranked so highly?

He's only had 62 catches in his college career and got outshone by Engram and Hodges at the combine.

OJ is the best TE in this class but no way I'd have Njoku as the #2!
    He only played 2 years, if you're going off of catches alone then why is OJ Howard your #1 if Njoku has average more catches a season then him? SINCE IT'S ALL ABOUT CATCHES AND EVERYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by Jmulroy99 View Post
    This

Id rank them

Howard
    Njoku
    Everett
    Engram

Dont like Hodges, Butt, or Legett
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Hodges and Engram are WRs, watch them play and tell me they're not lol