+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Pick one- tight end or running back...

Which position should the giants focus most on in the draft?

I am still hoping we can get a veteran rb, to take about 10 carrys a game. Lacy was my 1st pick, but he's gone now. I'd take Blount. 24 TDs in 2 years is probably more than every giants rb for over the past 5 years.

If we don't get a rb through FA I'd say we should focus on a larger rb in the draft to help with Perkins.

I don't see the giants going for a tight end in the draft. I hope in wrong but Would the giants carry 4 tight ends and 4 RB's? That is assuming we draft one of each or add a free agent. Also assuming we don't carry a FB.
    Last edited by bigbluejeep8888; 03-15-2017 at 10:12 AM.
    2017 offensive plan
    1. cut jennings, cruz
    2. draft a atleast 1- RB, WR, TE in rounds 1-3
    3.draft oline-rounds 1-3

...probably LT but out of ur choices TE
    I think Jennings should do that lame TD celebration while he steps out the front door of the giants facilities for the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
    Which position should the giants focus most on in the draft?

I am still hoping we can get a veteran rb, to take about 10 carrys a game. Lacy was my 1st pick, but he's gone now. I'd take Blount. 24 TDs in 2 years is probably more than every giants rb for over the past 5 years.

If we don't get a rb through FA I'd say we should focus on a larger rb in the draft to help with Perkins.

I don't see the giants going for a tight end in the draft. I hope in wrong but Would the giants carry 4 tight ends and 4 RB's? That is assuming we draft one of each or add a free agent. Also assuming we don't carry a FB.
    No. I guess if they drafted one each t would give them he option to cut Tye and Darkwa depending on how good these rookies look in camp

Adding a FA RB would spell the end for Darkwa I would think
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran
    I also would like to see us add either a big RB (Blount) or in a more shocking/unlikely move a TE (Cook) in FA.

Assuming neither of those things happen in FA I think RB is the most glaring need at this point.

I like a lot of these RB's but kid I have my eye on in 3rd or 4th is the big back Jaamal Williams from BYU who left the team early in the season but came back with monster 2nd half. Big..powerful..smooth RB. Sure there are some character/maturity issues but this kid runs the ball hard.

focus on ALL the positions and take the best player

especially OL and DL

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
    I also would like to see us add either a big RB (Blount) or in a more shocking/unlikely move a TE (Cook) in FA.

Assuming neither of those things happen in FA I think RB is the most glaring need at this point.

I like a lot of these RB's but kid I have my eye on in 3rd or 4th is the big back Jaamal Williams from BYU who left the team early in the season but came back with monster 2nd half. Big..powerful..smooth RB. Sure there are some character/maturity issues but this kid runs the ball hard.
    Hmmmm, that could have been said about Jacobs or Bradshaw. Very interesting I will check him out. I want a back that delivers the blow and falls forward.

I was just reading up on some rb in the draft. I like the sound of this guy...

D'Onta Foreman*, RB, Texas
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 249.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.55.
    Projected Round (2017): 1-3.
    2/25/17: Foreman had a tremendous 2016 season and was one of the most productive runners in the nation. He averaged 6.3 yards per carry for 2,028 yards with 15 touchdowns. Foreman isn't much of a receiver, making just seven catches for 75 yards in 2016, but he is a load as a runner who can run over the opposition. Foreman will be an early round pick after declaring for the 2017 NFL Draft. As a sophomore, he averaged 7.2 yards per carry for 681 yards and five touchdowns.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017RB.php
    2017 offensive plan
    1. cut jennings, cruz
    2. draft a atleast 1- RB, WR, TE in rounds 1-3
    3.draft oline-rounds 1-3

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
    focus on ALL the positions and take the best player

especially OL and DL
    This is what it looks like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
    I was just reading up on some rb in the draft. I like the sound of this guy...

D'Onta Foreman*, RB, Texas
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 249.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.55.
    Projected Round (2017): 1-3.
    2/25/17: Foreman had a tremendous 2016 season and was one of the most productive runners in the nation. He averaged 6.3 yards per carry for 2,028 yards with 15 touchdowns. Foreman isn't much of a receiver, making just seven catches for 75 yards in 2016, but he is a load as a runner who can run over the opposition. Foreman will be an early round pick after declaring for the 2017 NFL Draft. As a sophomore, he averaged 7.2 yards per carry for 681 yards and five touchdowns.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017RB.php
    I don't think he will duplicate his college success in the NFL.

Best Player Available regardless of position instead of reaching and passing on great players for a Average Player who would address a "NEED"!