+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm still hoping that they finally take an edge rushing, play making LB. I know I'm in the minority but I think they might be okay with the guys that they have at TE. They might want to give Adams a shot at being the receiving TE that they need.

As far as RB, they need one that can push the pile but probably can get that in the third round.

So for me, LB round 1, OT round two if there's value.
    Thank god it's hockey season.

Quote Originally Posted by jmike View Post
    I don't think he will duplicate his college success in the NFL.
    Lol no rb in the NFL would avg 6.3 yards a carry as a primary back I'd take 4.3 yards. It's still a major improvement over jennings.
    2017 offensive plan
    1. cut jennings, cruz
    2. draft a atleast 1- RB, WR, TE in rounds 1-3
    3.draft oline-rounds 1-3

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
    I was just reading up on some rb in the draft. I like the sound of this guy...

D'Onta Foreman*, RB, Texas
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 249.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.55.
    Projected Round (2017): 1-3.
    2/25/17: Foreman had a tremendous 2016 season and was one of the most productive runners in the nation. He averaged 6.3 yards per carry for 2,028 yards with 15 touchdowns. Foreman isn't much of a receiver, making just seven catches for 75 yards in 2016, but he is a load as a runner who can run over the opposition. Foreman will be an early round pick after declaring for the 2017 NFL Draft. As a sophomore, he averaged 7.2 yards per carry for 681 yards and five touchdowns.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017RB.php
    Don't let Foremans size fool you. He doesn't run with as much power as you would think. Goes down on first contact a lot. Samaje Perine is a much better RB if you are looking for pure power.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Best Player Available regardless of position instead of reaching and passing on great players for a Average Player who would address a "NEED"!
    I normally would agree with this. But with Eli's career coming to an end, they need to do everything they can to help him. From what it sounds like oline is not going to be the best in this draft. I think by giving Eli one more skilled position option at either tight end or rb would help the giants a lot.
    2017 offensive plan
    1. cut jennings, cruz
    3.draft oline-rounds 1-3

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Don't let Foremans size fool you. He doesn't run with as much power as you would think. Goes down on first contact a lot. Samaje Perine is a much better RB if you are looking for pure power.
    Interesting. I have no idea about almost any of these guys, I was just reading the article. The Giants need that one big back. Whoever it may be.
    2017 offensive plan
    1. cut jennings, cruz
    3.draft oline-rounds 1-3

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
    Lol no rb in the NFL would avg 6.3 yards a carry as a primary back I'd take 4.3 yards. It's still a major improvement over jennings.
    What I mean is the power will not translate in the NFL. He isn't quick twitch, doesn't show good feet or vision and is big and powerful for college but not enough for the NFL. Somebody will try to make him a power or short yardage back and will not be happy with his production.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    agreed

I consider it highly probably that both running back and tight end will be addressed in the draft.

TE, without a doubt. We need more help in the blocking game and a dynamic TE that can block and catch would drastically improve our offense as well as free up our WRs.

We can draft a mid or late round power back to pair with Perkins and Vareen. I'm salivating at the thought of a real playmaker at TE.

Perine looks good, reminds me of Maurice Jones Drew. Though I would not be upset with the pick, still would lean towards Donte Freeman.