+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51
  1. #31
    Veteran poppa smurph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    moncton, NB
    Posts
    2,075
    Going through twitter this morning and came across a mock from PFF: https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...m_campaign=nfl

    In this mock, both Howard and McCaffrey are available and it made me question, who would the Giants benefit more from?

    To put an additional spin on it, remove the Oline from the equation, as well as off the field issues, and think back to the Giants in the early 2000's...the question essentially becomes: Barber or Shockey?

    Who would you rather see return?

    That is who these 2 guys, McCaffrey and Howard, seemingly are.
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

  2. #32
    All-Pro jmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    12,750
    Quote Originally Posted by poppa smurph View Post
    Going through twitter this morning and came across a mock from PFF: https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...m_campaign=nfl

    In this mock, both Howard and McCaffrey are available and it made me question, who would the Giants benefit more from?

    To put an additional spin on it, remove the Oline from the equation, as well as off the field issues, and think back to the Giants in the early 2000's...the question essentially becomes: Barber or Shockey?

    Who would you rather see return?

    That is who these 2 guys, McCaffrey and Howard, seemingly are.
    Between those two players, I'd go with Howard at this point. McCaffrey IMO has a very low bust factor, but this team needs a receiving threat at TE who can also block a lot more than a situational RB. With luck maybe Kamara lasts until the 2nd and the Giants get both positions.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
    focus on ALL the positions and take the best player

    especially OL and DL
    This. You can't make this call without knowing who the player is. It's easy to say RB, but if OJ Howard is there and the big 3 RBs are gone do you really take any other RB over him. Vice versa if Fournette or Cook somehow fell to use and OJ and Njoku are gone do you take any TE over those two?
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

    The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

  4. #34
    The dream scenario would be getting Blount and one of the top two tight ends. Imagine how good this offense could be? Minus the oline of course.
    2017 offensive plan
    1. cut jennings, cruz
    2. draft a atleast 1- RB, WR, TE in rounds 1-3
    3.draft oline-rounds 1-3

  5. #35
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,379
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    This. You can't make this call without knowing who the player is. It's easy to say RB, but if OJ Howard is there and the big 3 RBs are gone do you really take any other RB over him. Vice versa if Fournette or Cook somehow fell to use and OJ and Njoku are gone do you take any TE over those two?
    This is why mocks are just silly to me. I guess its fun for some to speculate, but at 23 you will never know who is still available.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
    The dream scenario would be getting Blount and one of the top two tight ends. Imagine how good this offense could be? Minus the oline of course.
    Why everyone wants Blount is beyond me? He is not that good outside of the Pats system. And even there, his PT decreased once they got into the playoffs. The Pats just signed Rex Burkhead to possibly take his role. That should tell you something. There are about 15 RBs in this draft I would rather have over Blount.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Why everyone wants Blount is beyond me? He is not that good outside of the Pats system. And even there, his PT decreased once they got into the playoffs. The Pats just signed Rex Burkhead to possibly take his role. That should tell you something. There are about 15 RBs in this draft I would rather have over Blount.
    He would be a good complement to Perkins as he has the power that our runners lack..I agree that there are runners in the draft that would be able to accomplish the same for us, but I would like the Blount signing as it would open up our options heading into the draft.
    1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
    2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
    3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
    4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
    I think Adams is the true tight end prospect.
    Yeah i an hoping for a big step up from him. He looked good when he was out there

  9. #39
    Instead of Blount, I would rather sign AP or even Jamaal Charles to a 1 year deal. I know they both may be done, but if they are healthy I think the risk is worth the reward.

  10. #40
    All-Pro Kase-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    BK 2 LI
    Posts
    13,561
    Id like 1 of the top end TE's like Howard or Njoku in the 1st or maybe Everett or Engram in the 2nd

    As for RB's I want either Samaje Perine in the 4th or maybe D'Onta Foreman in the 3rd or 4th. A nice big bruiser to pari with Perkins' finesse style
    1st- OJ Howard or David Njoku, TE
    2nd- Dion Dawkins, OT/OG
    3rd- Jaleel Johnson, DT
    4th- Samaje Perine, RB
    5th- Damontae Kazee, CB
    6th- Ejuan Price, DE/OLB
    7th- Tedric Thompson, FS

    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts