+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NFL Draft 2017: Who could Giants grab to replace Johnathan Hankins (if needed)?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "Johnathan Hankins won't be gone until he's gone.

But chances are the defensive tackle will not return to the Giants in 2017, and they will be in the market for a new starting defensive tackle. Preferably one that complements Damon Harrison as a three-technique (lined up on the guard) tackle that rushes the passer.

If the Giants opt to look to April's NFL Draft to land a defensive tackle, ESPN's Todd McShay says there will be several potential options to choose from, starting with Michigan State's Malik McDowell.

"It depends on how you're going to classify him, if he's going to play inside or outside," the draft analyst said Wednesday on a conference call with reporters. McDowell (6-6, 295) has also been discussed as a potential defensive end fit.

"He's tall, long. I think he may be the most talented interior lineman. There have been some questions about the work ethic and consistency. But from a skill standpoint, I think he can become a highly disruptive player. He's probably going to come off the board somewhere in the (Nos.) 10-25 range."

The Giants have the No. 23 pick in the draft this year. In his latest mock draft, McShay projected McDowell to the Seahawks at No. 26, so the Giants could have a shot to grab him if so inclined. If not McDowell, McShay thinks Florida's Caleb Brantley, a likely second-round pick, is the next man up." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Eddie "Luther" Vanderdoes in the 4th round....

Any fat sap can plug a hole...I jest, but c'mon.....Gotta be one of the easier positions to master

Jarron Jones in the 5th

I like Chris Wormley from Michigan as a 3rd round DT. I think he can kick inside at 3T and cause problems for Guards. He's already in the 290s, thickly built (a lot like Aaron Donald), and strong as hell.

Caleb Brantley 2nd round
    Jaleel Johnson 3rd round
    Vince Taylor 3rd round
    Carlos Watkins 3rd round
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Veteran
    Well I agree if Big hank moves on DT must be the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft. Since DT is so deep I'm leaning toward an OT with the 23rd pick. But if the top OT 's are gone McDowell sounds great to me. Cause as of now JPP is gone next year as well. So he fills one of the potential holes and has a year under his belt. The more I think of it the more I like it. Even if we sign hank I like it. He's the passing situation DT spelling either Snacks or Hank.

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    Caleb Brantley 2nd round
    Jaleel Johnson 3rd round
    Vince Taylor 3rd round
    Carlos Watkins 3rd round
    think watkins will be available in the 3rd? would love him or Brantley

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy Rich View Post
    Well I agree if Big hank moves on DT must be the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft. Since DT is so deep I'm leaning toward an OT with the 23rd pick. But if the top OT 's are gone McDowell sounds great to me. Cause as of now JPP is gone next year as well. So he fills one of the potential holes and has a year under his belt. The more I think of it the more I like it. Even if we sign hank I like it. He's the passing situation DT spelling either Snacks or Hank.
    Only DT I want in the first is Solomon Thomas.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gee718 View Post
    Only DT I want in the first is Solomon Thomas.....
    Solomon Thomas is a base 4-3 End. On passing downs he moves to the 3 tech

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    think watkins will be available in the 3rd? would love him or Brantley
    Ive been seeing mocks with him going anywhere from the 2nd to the 4th rounds, so i took the average and settled with 3rd round, LOL
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'