+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post
    As the others said, damn good post.
    Agreed.

im very pleased thus far.

looking at some of the contracts these OL got, im glad we didn't pay top dollar for guys like Withworth, Wgner, Okung got a big deal for god knows what reason,even guys like Khalil and Reiff got payed. Fluker is someone that can improve the line, he was a former 1st rounder and showed potential in San Diego. sometimes a change of scenery is all guys need.

we upgraded at WR big time. we all love Cruz, but he wasn't the same player and it was time for a change. we got a 6'4 receiver who's gonna rip the ball out of defenders hands,be a nightmare for defenses in the red zone, be a good veteran pressence to have in the locker room. and we got him for 6 mil while jabronis like Pryor got 8 mil and Jeffrey got 14 mil. great move.

idk much about Ellison, but he's supposedly a beast of a blocker at both TE and FB which is going to help the running game and pass protection. he's not much of a receiving threat, but he was behind Kyle Rudolph who is very good so it's not surprised he didn't see much action in the passing game. maybe he could surprise and be Ballard 2011 like.

there's still the draft too. if we can add a few pieces like McCaffrey, maybe DT Watkins in the 2nd, we're in great shape.

only thing i want is for them to get JPP his extention so we have more cap room.

Quote Originally Posted by free agent View Post
    Brandon Marshall is probably too old. Terrelle Pryor would have
    been better for one-year contract.
    Rhett Ellison might be a good blocker, but the Giants
    need a big play tight end.
    DJ Fluker was basically let go by the Chargers, so how
    much better is he than Marshall at OT?
    John Jerry at OG for 3 yrs?Really?Giants could
    not do better than him in free agency?
    Where is the upgrade at RB? Shane Vereen?
    So will Ereck Flowers be the left tackle when season begins?
    Hope not!
    -Pryor could get $8 million for his 1 year deal, we couldn't afford that.
    -They don't need a big play TE, they need one to contribute. With these WRs blocking is a much bigger need than receiving. Tye caught almost 50 balls last year and they could think Adams is the future.
    -Couldn't the same be said for every single free agent?
    -No, clearly they couldn't. He is a great depth signing if nothing else. Who would you have signed in Madden?
    -The upgrade is cutting Jennings. Perkins is the upgrade.
    -Yes. I've said it for months Flowers is our LT.

Did you really expect us to sign a top WR, big play TE, two big name OGs, a top RB and a new stud LT?
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    No because i'm realistic and realize we have no cap space. Fans expecting a spending spree every year like last year need to wake up and realize there is a salary cap.
    Exactly. The Giants aren't going to go on a big spending spree every year. Plus, some fans were insisting that the Giants tag JPP without realizing that tagging JPP would tie the Giants' hands financially when it came to getting some of the more expensive free agents.
    One of these teams is not like the others

No, with the amount of $ he had to spend, Reese has done a very good job in this FA period. Possibly got 4 starters without handing out huge $.

All-Pro
    Not in the context of keeping JPP. Once they committed to the franchise tag it limited what they could do in FA. I am happy with the moves he has made so far.

I realize we don't have a lot of cap space but yes our free agency has been disappointing this off season. we still don't have a back up QB or a field goal kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Yen View Post
    I realize we don't have a lot of cap space but yes our free agency has been disappointing this off season. we still don't have a back up QB or a field goal kicker.
    lol

Smart, savvy moves. I am a little disappointed that they didn't (and couldn't, cap-wise) significantly upgrade both OT position

Quote Originally Posted by steve84 View Post
    Smart, savvy moves. I am a little disappointed that they didn't (and couldn't, cap-wise) significantly upgrade both OT position
    As difficult as it is to find a single quality OT in free agency and you wanted two of them? At least you acknowledge the cap held us back.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.