+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deshaun Watson??

There was a pretty good article asking if the giant should take DeShaun Watson if he were to fall to the giant at number 23 made a bunch of valid points I kind of like the idea what do you guys think?

I would hate that pick
    And hate is usually reserved for the Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
    I would hate that pick
    And hate is usually reserved for the Cowboys
    I would too

Trubisky? MAYBE but not Watson

Quote Originally Posted by Eliordie View Post
    I would too

Trubisky? MAYBE but not Watson
    Don't want Trubisky either. 2 reasons:
    1. The goal should be to win 1 more before Eli is done. The 1st rounder should be used on a player that would help achieve that goal. Not hold the clipboard on the sidelines.
    2. This QB class is weak. The weakest since the EJ Manuel/Geno Smith year.

1. The goal should be to win 1 more before Eli is done. The 1st rounder should be used on a player that would help achieve that goal. Not hold the clipboard on the sidelines.
    For the most part agreed on both points, the only way I'd sign up for Trubisky is if we could get really creative at other positions (TE, RB, OT, LB, DT) which is probably a bit unrealistic, though if we could possibly get our Rodgers to Favre that is really hard to pass up, not saying Trubisky is THAT good but I do like him, and he's the only one I really like in this class

I'm just saying if we found other ways to get most of the other holes patch (which is likely the problem preventing this) I wouldn't be slamming my head on the table over picking Trubisky, and I've been on the all in for Eli bandwagon as hard as anybody the last couple years, think everyone here knows that's my ****in guy till death right there lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eliordie View Post
    For the most part agreed on both points, the only way I'd sign up for Trubisky is if we could get really creative at other positions (TE, RB, OT, LB, DT) which is probably a bit unrealistic, though if we could possibly get our Rodgers to Favre that is really hard to pass up, not saying Trubisky is THAT good but I do like him, and he's the only one I really like in this class

I'm just saying if we found other ways to get most of the other holes patch (which is likely the problem preventing this) I wouldn't be slamming my head on the table over picking Trubisky, and I've been on the all in for Eli bandwagon as hard as anybody the last couple years, think everyone here knows that's my ****in guy till death right there lol
    I get the whole Favre to Rodgers connection. I'd like that too. Problem is I don't think any of these guys are as talented as Rodgers. Next year's QB class looks better right now.

I get the whole Favre to Rodgers connection. I'd like that too. Problem is I don't think any of these guys are as talented as Rodgers. Next year's QB class looks better right now.
    Yeah idk I see shades of it in Mitch but obviously a poor man's version, which I'd take a chance on based on nothing but our draft spot

Havnt looked into next year but if the actual good QBs next year are highly regarded there prob won't be any available for us (hoping were not drafting top 10 next year lol)

Though maybe I should still hold out hope for my out of this world pipe dream that Derek Carr comes over when his contract with the raiders is up lmao I remember that year he was drafted being adamant the Texans should take him #1 overall with no hesitation (god GMs are so bad) but his brother loves us and gushes over us any chance he gets on NFLN, maybe he can convince him to come over lol easily my 2nd fav QB in the league right now

Really 1 of maybe 2 guys currently in the league that I would accept one day taking over for Manning, the other being Luck... honestly can't think of 1 other guy in the league Id want besides them.. edit: actually on 2nd thought I do like Wentz a bit too
    Last edited by Eliordie; 03-16-2017 at 02:25 AM.

Not that it would happen or require a seriously bad season, but I'd love to see Sam Darnold in blue after the '18 draft.
    He was the most talked about QB at the combine this year, and he wasn't even there.
    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

Banned
    I hope our next great regular starting quarterback is in high school right now.

Veteran
    +1