+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

It's now time to grab Adrian Peterson

Vikings just signed Latavius, Lacy is a Seahawk and I read that the Packers might be interested in Charles. I think it's pretty much us or the Raiders for AP 's services. At this point with the RB domino's falling AP may take a very friendly incentive based contract. I would take him in the range of 2 years 7-9 million (a little less then Marshall). To the people who say he doesn't fit, I think his veteran presence can only be good for the offense, plus Mcadoo needs to make a few adjustments to his predictable offense and we should run out of the I form more anyway. No he won't be a 3 down back for us, but him, Perkins and a little Vereen would be a very solid RB depth chart going into the season. Plus he'd be the best mentor you can ask for when it comes to Perkins development. I think the mixture of veterans (Eli Marshall AP Vereen) and young guys (Beckham Shepard Perkins), there's no reason why this offense can't improve significantly. Not to mention these guys are all hungry to win now. Go get him Reese!!

still think he ends up in Oakland

Starter
    He could be good here but w ll know his best alignment is in the eye 7-9 yards behind center with a fullback. Yes we've got his ex-fullback Ellison but the OC would have to change his formations for AP to be comfortable and we know how set in his ways he is so I doubt they'd sign AP even if he' makes reasonable salary demands.

Starter
    If we do sign a RB before the draft they'd probably look at LeGarette Blount if he's reasonable

Weird how this player is somehow excluded from this board's usual kneejerk retch at the thought of a player with "past issues" being signed to the team.

Veteran
    I doubt the Giants have any interest in AP whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Essex Blue View Post
    I doubt the Giants have any interest in AP whatsoever.
    I agree, but I wish they did.

Im still thinking he winds up in New England. They are pushing all their chips in the middle for another ring for Tom.
    1-OT Ryan Ramczyk
    2-TE Adam Shaheen
    3-DE Demarcus Walker
    4-RB Samaje Perine
    5-QB Joshua Dobbs
    6-CB Marquez White
    7-LB Ben Boulware

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I agree, but I wish they did.

Im still thinking he winds up in New England. They are pushing all their chips in the middle for another ring for Tom.
    It's the Pats... their chips are constantly in the middle of the table

Veteran
    Which Offensive line would you want to run behind Raiders or G men ? He will be a Raider. Plus, they have the cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    It's the Pats... their chips are constantly in the middle of the table
    They have never spent like they are right now, nor traded picks like they are right now. They are going for a championship like no other year. Very un-Patriot like. Normally they let their FAs get huge money elsewhere and stock pile draft picks.
    1-OT Ryan Ramczyk
    2-TE Adam Shaheen
    3-DE Demarcus Walker
    4-RB Samaje Perine
    5-QB Joshua Dobbs
    6-CB Marquez White
    7-LB Ben Boulware