+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    They have never spent like they are right now, nor traded picks like they are right now. They are going for a championship like no other year. Very un-Patriot like. Normally they let their FAs get huge money elsewhere and stock pile draft picks.
    They want #6 for him and Bill.

That said IF there was enough Cap Space to be created to bring in a Vet RB I would go with Blount over AP. You can get more years out of him.

However with still no deal for Big Hank or Robinson and having to sign the Draft Picks I just do not see how they can get creative enough to bring in big names like AP or Blount.

Maybe they are biding their time knowing every day that goes by that they are still a FA (Kind of like Hankins & Robinson) the price to sign them is driven down and your getting and transitioning more into that 3rd phase of the FA period and moving away from the 2nd

If that is the case one of these two could opt to take a cheaper 1/2 year deal the Giants can swing???

I am all for that. They can still pick up a RB mid Draft which would make Darkwa a late Cut probably
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by I'll take 5 View Post
    He could be good here but w ll know his best alignment is in the eye 7-9 yards behind center with a fullback. Yes we've got his ex-fullback Ellison but the OC would have to change his formations for AP to be comfortable and we know how set in his ways he is so I doubt they'd sign AP even if he' makes reasonable salary demands.
    U bring up a good point. We have his lead blocker

Quote Originally Posted by dayeh33 View Post
    Vikings just signed Latavius, Lacy is a Seahawk and I read that the Packers might be interested in Charles. I think it's pretty much us or the Raiders for AP 's services. At this point with the RB domino's falling AP may take a very friendly incentive based contract. I would take him in the range of 2 years 7-9 million (a little less then Marshall). To the people who say he doesn't fit, I think his veteran presence can only be good for the offense, plus Mcadoo needs to make a few adjustments to his predictable offense and we should run out of the I form more anyway. No he won't be a 3 down back for us, but him, Perkins and a little Vereen would be a very solid RB depth chart going into the season. Plus he'd be the best mentor you can ask for when it comes to Perkins development. I think the mixture of veterans (Eli Marshall AP Vereen) and young guys (Beckham Shepard Perkins), there's no reason why this offense can't improve significantly. Not to mention these guys are all hungry to win now. Go get him Reese!!
    I totally agree AP Would be who I would sign if I was the Giants! he might come cheap because he abused his son? might be why no one wants him, hence why he might come cheap. when you don't have a lot of cap space you take what you can get, and he would improve our running game!

Agree with flip, I think the patriots will snag him. If so, I'll be completely happy about it. I understand his veteran presence, but I think we have a good one in Perkins and would like to see him continue to develop.
    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
    Garrett Bolles - OT
    David Njoku - TE
    Zach Cunningham - OLB

Let's get AP. Oakland just shelled out for a crappy tight end who looked good because of Aaron Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Yen View Post
    I totally agree AP Would be who I would sign if I was the Giants! he might come cheap because he abused his son? might be why no one wants him, hence why he might come cheap. when you don't have a lot of cap space you take what you can get, and he would improve our running game!
    The off the field crap has nothing to do with it. The fact is, he's 31 which is close to 100 in running back years. If Ray Rice had had 1500 yards the year before the incident he would have been picked up. If Greg Hardy had had 10+ sacks the year he was on Dallas he would have gotten a decent contract from somebody last offseason.

Veteran
    I can't believe how cheap Murray got signed for, we spent almost the same money on Rhett Ellison...

Go get AP he's gotta be even cheaper than Murray

Veteran
    gonna grab a back in the draft...a few good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Millen_Messiah View Post
    The off the field crap has nothing to do with it. The fact is, he's 31 which is close to 100 in running back years. If Ray Rice had had 1500 yards the year before the incident he would have been picked up. If Greg Hardy had had 10+ sacks the year he was on Dallas he would have gotten a decent contract from somebody last offseason.
    Close to 31 BUT he has missed 2 years of running back wear and tear and also seems to be the fastest healer on the planet with his own hyperbolic chamber.
    Spin that Webb young Davis

Veteran
    The knock on AP is he not a good pass blocker.
    L. MURRAY runs to upright causes him to be a target and injury prone.