+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Weird how this player is somehow excluded from this board's usual kneejerk retch at the thought of a player with "past issues" being signed to the team.
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Veteran
    along with oj, sanders and bo, peterson is pretty much the best i ever seen. i know brown and sweetness were great. but man, all day was a bad man. emmit smith couldnt carry his jockstrap.

Veteran
    How cheap do we think he could be had? They way he fought to come back last year it sure seems like he still has the fire. There is nothing better than a motivated competitor who may still have superior athletic gifts.
    If he can give up the ball--Perkins deserves plenty of carries-I think he will be all about a SB run. Just depends on the dollars.

[QUOTE=LakeO Giant fan;2038831]How cheap do we think he could be had? They way he fought to come back last year it sure seems like he still has the fire. There is nothing better than a motivated competitor who may still have superior athletic gifts.
    If he can give up the ball--Perkins deserves plenty of carries-I think he will be all about a SB run. Just depends on the dollars.[/QUOTE
    might come cheap because of the abuse scandal?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Donnie Yen;2039023]
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post
    How cheap do we think he could be had? They way he fought to come back last year it sure seems like he still has the fire. There is nothing better than a motivated competitor who may still have superior athletic gifts.
    If he can give up the ball--Perkins deserves plenty of carries-I think he will be all about a SB run. Just depends on the dollars.[/QUOTE
    might come cheap because of the abuse scandal?
    Perhaps. I must admit, I did not stay up on that "scandal" because it may have been a "he said, she said" type of thing. Just like politics, everyone has their opinions on what is correct and acceptable as to discipline. Again, I do not recall what was alleged, but I thought at the time it would be easy to exaggerate what happened if their was any kind of domestic issues with the mother. I do know there is plenty of damage done to kids by not caring enough to issue any type of parental guidance or discipline. I remember hearing at the time that he was using discipline that he learned during his upbringing.
    I would have to think any concern as to signing him is age/injury related. Many of us who had meniscus issues in one knee encountered them in the other knee soon after. Of course, most of us did not experience this due to having the knee twisted in a way that they simply cannot bend.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Weird how this player is somehow excluded from this board's usual kneejerk retch at the thought of a player with "past issues" being signed to the team.
    I don't want the Giants to go after Peterson because his best days are behind him. As for the abuse scandal, I don't have an issue with a parent spanking their kid, but there's a fine line between discipline and abuse and AP crossed it.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    I don't want the Giants to go after Peterson because his best days are behind him. As for the abuse scandal, I don't have an issue with a parent spanking their kid, but there's a fine line between discipline and abuse and AP crossed it.
    I don't think spanking works all It does is teach kids its Ok to hit someone when you are upset with them. also just from experience when I was a really little kid back in the 80's my mom used to spank me and my sisters, we used to think it was funny and go around the house spanking one another and laughing hysterically. so for me it is less about weather it is PC I simply don't think it works and gives our kids the idea that when someone upsets us we can hit them.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Yen View Post
    I don't think spanking works all It does is teach kids its Ok to hit someone when you are upset with them. also just from experience when I was a really little kid back in the 80's my mom used to spank me and my sisters, we used to think it was funny and go around the house spanking one another and laughing hysterically. so for me it is less about weather it is PC I simply don't think it works and gives our kids the idea that when someone upsets us we can hit them.
    Everybody should know the feeling of getting cracked in the face, the only people I've ever met that don't have bad attitudes and think they can treat people however they please with no recourse, till the day someone who's not their parent and thus not holding back drills the **** out of them and they were in no way prepared for it

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Yen View Post
    I grew up getting spanked and while I hated it as a little kid I look back on it as an adult and I'm glad my parents did it since it taught me that there were consequences to my actions. My parents realized when I was about 11 or 12 that the belt didn't work anymore because I would just brush it off. I don't agree with the idea that spankings give kids the idea that it's okay to hit people, because when I got spanked I didn't view it as I can hit someone if they make me mad. The only fights I got into as a kid were when some kid would hit me first because my parents taught me if someone starts a fight with you make sure you finish it.
    One of these teams is not like the others

All-Pro
    I don't see AP coming cheap, and I don't think he is the same AP behind the Giants OL. Personally I would rather see that money spent in areas that can help the team more.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...