+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 63
  1. #51
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Goonies never say die
    Posts
    26,199
    Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    If he ended up being great, they would forget about his transgressions, just like most of them overlook Lawrence Taylor and his. I couldn't care less about other fans or players on other teams. They hate and rag on our players regardless.
    Not a chance. You forget the eras. LT played without social media and internet. Now you get Butt fumbles that ruin your career on gifs that last forever. If Mixon did this in the 80s, no one would know. If LT was playing now a days, he would be kicked out of the league and in jail for a long time.
    1 - WR/TE Evan Engram
    2 - DT Dalvin Tomlinson
    3 - QB Davis Webb
    4 - RB Wayne Gallman
    5 - DE Avery Moss
    6 - OT Adam Bisnowady

  2. #52
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Goonies never say die
    Posts
    26,199
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    Yeah those Ravens fans seemed really upset with Ray Lewis after he killed someone. I was put off of Mixon when I thought this was a recent event. When I looked more into it and found out it happened 3 years ago and he was never in trouble before or ever again it says alot. To me what Mixon says about speaks volumes, he is sorry and you can't change the past only learn from your mistakes. That is my life motto.

    More importantly, as far as the Giants go, we have Sterling Shepard on the team and he was teammates with both Mixon and Perine and I think would have some good input on both guys. I am not sure the Giants will touch him though just because of the fact they cut their kicker last year and seem to shy away from these types of incidents with players.
    Again, different eras. And Ray Lewis was never seen on video killing anyone. Terrible example.
    1 - WR/TE Evan Engram
    2 - DT Dalvin Tomlinson
    3 - QB Davis Webb
    4 - RB Wayne Gallman
    5 - DE Avery Moss
    6 - OT Adam Bisnowady

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmie ray View Post
    You're a very good member, here - but are you certain about the facts on Ray Lewis?
    No, he was just the first example I could think of. I know that talent erases everything though. This stuff happens every year with football players and the good ones over come it and the bad ones are released and left behind. This has the video which makes it worse and for that reason I am not sure if the Giants would take him.

    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

    The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    179
    Mixon made his choice 3 years ago to punch a woman in the face, who was no angel by any means, instead of taking the high road and walking away. He made a very poor, cowardly decision in the heat of the moment. Yeah, call it immaturity etc. But regardless of my stance and views on his crime, some GM/owner is going to take a chance on him in the draft. And I suppose he does deserve a chance to be drafted and play in the NFL. I just don't prefer to see the Giants take that chance, especially after the Josh Brown negative press last year.

  5. #55
    All-Pro SG88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Posts
    30,997
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Not a chance. You forget the eras. LT played without social media and internet. Now you get Butt fumbles that ruin your career on gifs that last forever. If Mixon did this in the 80s, no one would know. If LT was playing now a days, he would be kicked out of the league and in jail for a long time.
    I didn't forget. People to this day still worship LT despite everything that he has known to have done. However, all most giants fans talk about when it comes to him is how great of a player he was on the field. Like I said, if he ends up being great when it is all said and done, Joe's incident might not be the main discussion. It will only be addressed if he ends up being a subpar player or in trouble again. Yeah, teams will have to deal with a few weeks of a whining media and fans. But teams in cities like NYC are used to whining media and fans. IMO, a mid to late draft pick is more than worth the risk when it comes to Joe Mixon and this team. Like I said earlier, Reese has been abysmal at drafting after the 2nd round anyways.

  6. #56
    Moderator Tommy_Ribs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moderating Team
    Posts
    15,162
    Joe Mixon has some Leveon Bell skillset to his game.

    Who ever picks him will have a very, very talented player, his issues not withstanding. I just don;t see us taking him, especially all of the issues we had with the kicker last year.

    I would love to get Perrine on the GIANTS. Very good RB, very strong. Doesn;t have the top end speed, but has good quickness and power.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by JameyC View Post
    it "cracks" me up that people are so judgemental,,,are you even aware of the entire situation? 17 -18 is a kid still,,,,and many kids have made mistakes only to correct them and be better people for it.
    That a young adult. 18 is not a kid.

  8. #58
    All-Pro Gee718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Planet Naboo
    Posts
    11,482
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
    the excuse that he was a "kid" cracks me up every time. 17-18 is not a kid anymore. You should know right from wrong at 17-18.

    I agree that he deserves a 2nd chance and deserves to play in the NFL. It's good to see that he hasn't had any incidents since (as far as I know). But stop with the excuses

    Ridiculous....Immaturity does not stop just because the law says that you are of legal age. why do you think they still aren't allowed to drink? That happens in colleges all the time, except the people involved aren't famous. Bad decisions that people hopefully grow from.

    If this were a 2nd offense, then no more chances

  9. #59
    Veteran BleedBlue15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee718 View Post
    Ridiculous....Immaturity does not stop just because the law says that you are of legal age. why do you think they still aren't allowed to drink? That happens in colleges all the time, except the people involved aren't famous. Bad decisions that people hopefully grow from.

    If this were a 2nd offense, then no more chances
    I never said he doesn't deserve a chance. I actually said "I agree that he deserves a 2nd chance and deserves to play in the NFL". I just don't want him on the team I root for. That's a personal opinion. And this has nothing to do with "immaturity". Another poster brought up immaturity and I only responded to it. Punching a woman in the face is not a "immature" "mistake". It's a disgusting, cowardly crime. I've been immature in my younger years. I've made mistakes. I've done some very stupid things while drinking and the like. I never would have punched a woman. You have to have a screw loose as a man to put your hands on a woman like that.

    I'm not saying he should be imprisoned. I'm not saying he should be barred from the NFL. I'm just stating my personal preference that he not be on the team I root for.

  10. #60
    All-Pro SG88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Posts
    30,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee718 View Post
    Ridiculous....Immaturity does not stop just because the law says that you are of legal age. why do you think they still aren't allowed to drink? That happens in colleges all the time, except the people involved aren't famous. Bad decisions that people hopefully grow from.

    If this were a 2nd offense, then no more chances
    Bleed blue 15 has been adamant on his stance that the player does deserve another shot. He just doesn't want it to happen on his favorite team. As much as I disagree with that, I totally understand where he and a few others are coming from. Speaking of Mixon, there are several reports that he may sneak in as a late first round draft choice. He is arguably the best RB in the passing game in the draft and can run a full WR route tree. His NFL comparison is LeVeon Bell.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts