+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nobait4me View Post
    You have to watch him play, he hits hard, he is a sideline to sideline linebacker who has length and really good athletic ability. I really like Red**** but the majority of his time at Temple has been as a pass rusher. Cunningham is very good at shedding blocks and diagnosing plays. Apparently everyone in the SEC thought so because he was a first team SEC linebacker twice. I think he has more range than Ruben Foster. Behind our d line a rush linebacker ck would be deadly, it is the piece we were missing last year.
    Yeah - Cunningham really does both take-on and avoid blocks while still getting to the ball -- very instinctive and quick to make a read/decision.

His thin lower half did concern me at the combine but the clips I've watched show a gifted, physical player who moves very well forward/side/back.

No Question LB is still a BIG NEED I would be OK with Cunningham, Redd1ck hell even Jabril Peppers and playing him at Linebacker in this ERA of Football where many teams are using 3 Receiver Offenses. I think many teams will be looking for guys like the Falcons Rookie Linebacker Deion Jones last season. Smaller and more athletic Linebackers but Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    No Question LB is still a BIG NEED I would be OK with Cunningham, Redd1ck hell even Jabril Peppers and playing him at Linebacker in this ERA of Football where many teams are using 3 Receiver Offenses. I think many teams will be looking for guys like the Falcons Rookie Linebacker Deion Jones last season. Smaller and more athletic Linebackers but Strong!
    Peppers would be a very interesting choice. I think he would be a great choice if they use him correctly. Can cover TEs and RBs

For LB I would be ok with Foster or Cunningham. Zach would instantly be a starter here and probably be our best LB off the bat. I really like him. Foster is my #1, but Cunningham is #2.
    Spin that Webb young Davis

Foster is going to drop to the 2nd.....I'm telling you, the best players in this draft will go in round 2.....

Round 1 is pure hype machine....Rounds 2-3 is where you make your bones

I watched about 5 of his game films from another thread.
    He's got a good motor, plays determined and generally ends up around the ball.
    Has a good first step and times his strike well when taking on blocks, but will need to add to his moves.
    Plays with great speed and does well at shuffling and scraping down the line but at times will fail in his breakdown, over running some tackles. Most tackles were arm or gator roll type tackles.
    When stepping up and meeting the ball carrier in his gap, he needs to run his feet better through his target.

He could very well go in the 1st. There's good stuff to work with there. All that stuff is coachable assuming he is.
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

Quote Originally Posted by Gee718 View Post
    Foster is going to drop to the 2nd.....I'm telling you, the best players in this draft will go in round 2.....

He better not. Because if Foster slips to 23 and we dont take him I would be pretty convinced Reese would play a 6-0-5 defense.

Not to hijack the thread, but what do you guys think about Ben Boulware?

Quote Originally Posted by Gee718 View Post

Foster is not falling to round 2 lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but what do you guys think about Ben Boulware?
    love me some Ben Boulware. He's just all over the field from what i watched. Would love him as a mid to late round pick