+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    All-Pro Kase-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    BK 2 LI
    Posts
    13,579
    If he's supposed to be this great cover lb, wh u does he have 0 ints in his career and only 6pd's????

    I know its not all about stats, but I just find it a Lil odd
    1st- OJ Howard or David Njoku, TE
    2nd- Dion Dawkins, OT/OG
    3rd- Jaleel Johnson, DT
    4th- Samaje Perine, RB
    5th- Damontae Kazee, CB
    6th- Ejuan Price, DE/OLB
    7th- Tedric Thompson, FS

    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'


  2. #12
    Veteran GoDeep80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    If he's supposed to be this great cover lb, wh u does he have 0 ints in his career and only 6pd's????

    I know its not all about stats, but I just find it a Lil odd
    I'm not a fan of Cunningham either. I'd much rather have a guys like Haason, Jarrad Davis, Elijah Lee, or even the ofteb injured Alex Anzalone than spend a 1st on Cunningham.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    If he's supposed to be this great cover lb, wh u does he have 0 ints in his career and only 6pd's????

    I know its not all about stats, but I just find it a Lil odd
    There just wasnt any opportunities. From what i watched, about 75% of the time he was covering the RB in the flat. Hard to get INTs there. The other like 25% of the time he was dropped into zone and wasnt thrown at often. That's what i noticed from watching like 4 games of film on him.

  4. #14
    All-Pro Kase-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    BK 2 LI
    Posts
    13,579
    Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    There just wasnt any opportunities. From what i watched, about 75% of the time he was covering the RB in the flat. Hard to get INTs there. The other like 25% of the time he was dropped into zone and wasnt thrown at often. That's what i noticed from watching like 4 games of film on him.
    Well then, that's a pretty decent answer.....

    Honestly I haven't watched a ton of tape on him, I've watched some but not a ton. If he's always in the right place at the right time thenv that's good, it'd be nice if he had a bunch of picks and password, but that can come in time.

    I was wondering why they call him a great cover lb if has never had a single pick in his college career, but this shines some light on why
    1st- OJ Howard or David Njoku, TE
    2nd- Dion Dawkins, OT/OG
    3rd- Jaleel Johnson, DT
    4th- Samaje Perine, RB
    5th- Damontae Kazee, CB
    6th- Ejuan Price, DE/OLB
    7th- Tedric Thompson, FS

    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'


  5. #15
    Starter Yo Alb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by TNGMen871 View Post
    Its funny how I just got done reading through this thread regarding Cunningham and his pro day when I ran into one of the Vanderbilt football players heading out to meetings/workouts etc. Yes I work at Vanderbilt University. I do talk to some of the athletes from time to time in the course of my shift. I tend to follow Vandy a little closer, not because I work for them, but down here in Tennessee, in SEC country, Vanderbilt has been the underdog for the most part in division 1 football.

    On Wednesday night, one of the WRs that I talk to fairly regular, asked me if I was going to attend the Pro Day. I told him that since I work the graveyard shift, I will be sleeping when the workout took place. Plus I did not know if anyone outside of Vandy athletics and NFL personnel were allowed to attend, since they held the workouts in the indoor workout facility as opposed to the stadium.

    Getting back to this morning. I told the player that was heading to practice that I was just reading a couple links about how Jerry Reese attended the pro day yesterday, and how Reese is not known to attend too many pro days. Now take it for what its worth, but this football player said that Cunningham spent a lot of time with Reese yesterday. And according to this player and Cunningham, they feel that it may come down to the Giants, Titans and maybe the Patriots as the landing spot for Cunningham's services.

    Now, in my opinion, I think the Titans address a WR with 1 of their 1st rd picks, and maybe a DB with the other. And the Titans run an attacking 3-4 **** LeBeau defense. And as for the Patriots, maybe they think Cunningham will drop to the 2nd rd and be available then, since they dont have a 1st rd pick after the Cooks trade. But who knows, maybe Belichek and company are planning on getting a 1st rd pick should they trade Garrapolo to the Browns?

    I have read a lot of the pros and cons regarding Cunningham by "analysts" and mock drafts. Heck I have seen mocks showing the Chiefs and Redskins taking Cunningham in Rd 1. So I guess anything can happen. Cunningham probably would fit best in a 4-3 as a Will backer. He can fly around and make some plays. He can cover, has good insticts/smarts and has a high motor. I'm sure he will add some muscle to his frame when he gets into the NFL. I think I read that he weighed in at 235 or 236 for his pro day?

    I know the Giants need to address O-line and TE come draft time, but if Reese thinks Cunningham is the BPA at 23 and/or other 1st rd targets are already gone, I would be ok with Cunningham at 23.

    I know I have not posted on here in quite some time(actually I used to post in here under a different account, I forgot that I created this account). But I am not trying to troll or think that I have the insider info. I have nothing to gain by doing that, I just wanted to share a tidbit based on the title of this thread. We all know that the draft can be very unpredictable, especially in the 1st round.
    Ugh, between the OP and your post, Reese has revealed his hand yet again. He needs to start attending some more Pro Days and stop being lazy lol. If just to throw people off.

    That being said, I know nothing about Cunningham, but I'd like to bolster our OL with the first pick. I wouldn't be very disappointed with a LB, but if we do that, we NEED to go OL in the 2nd... and resign Hank before the draft.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by Yo Alb View Post
    Ugh, between the OP and your post, Reese has revealed his hand yet again. He needs to start attending some more Pro Days and stop being lazy lol. If just to throw people off.

    That being said, I know nothing about Cunningham, but I'd like to bolster our OL with the first pick. I wouldn't be very disappointed with a LB, but if we do that, we NEED to go OL in the 2nd... and resign Hank before the draft.
    well like I said, take it for what its worth. A whole bunch of things can change what happens in the draft. I don't think anything is set in stone on what Reese or most GMs are going to do in Rd 1.

  7. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,119
    Of course this would be the year we finally take a LB in the first... just re sign Robinson and were good at LB ffs

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliordie View Post
    Of course this would be the year we finally take a LB in the first... just re sign Robinson and were good at LB ffs
    Idk if "were good at LB" if we resign Robinson..plus he hasn't been durable throughout his career. Him and Cunningham would be a good duo at LB in the nickel and would allow Kennard to rush from the edge more as Vernon proved effective rushing inside. We would have decent depth between Goodson/Casillas/Robinson if we were to resign him and draft Cunningham.

    A guy like Cunningham or Foster would do quite a bit of damage behind our d-line and our defense would be very good at all three levels.
    1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
    2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
    3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
    4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

  9. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,508
    Quote Originally Posted by paul98 View Post
    Idk if "were good at LB" if we resign Robinson..plus he hasn't been durable throughout his career. Him and Cunningham would be a good duo at LB in the nickel and would allow Kennard to rush from the edge more as Vernon proved effective rushing inside. We would have decent depth between Goodson/Casillas/Robinson if we were to resign him and draft Cunningham.

    A guy like Cunningham or Foster would do quite a bit of damage behind our d-line and our defense would be very good at all three levels.
    The thought of having both a Cunningham and a L-Collins running around making tackles around the line of scrimmage is growing on me. I believe Cunningham had a large # of tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Maybe Giants looking at him as a potential read/react weapon against E-Elliott.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts