+ Reply to Thread

Just saw most frustrating mock scenario

Been exploring mock drafts to pass time and saw one by Bucky Brooks of NFL.com that made me realize a pick that would piss me off more than anything I've seen yet.

He has us taking Deshaun Watson. I have nothing against Deshaun Watson and do think he could be a great pick. HOWEVER, the part that would have me fuming is that his mock still has OJ Howard, Reuben Foster, Haasan R. and Tre'Davious White available. My TV wouldn't survive.
    2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
    Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
    Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
    Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
    Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
    Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
    Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Brooks is a terrible terrible mock draft guy. He picks players to cause stirs to get mad people like you creating this thread to get more pub. Its all for attention and click bait.

That's why I didn't post a link. haha He's far from the only one that has mocked Watson to us though so I'm not sure your criticism really qualifies.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 03-17-2017 at 01:00 PM.

I should mention... He doesn't really bother me that much. I think he can pretty spot on with some of his info but can also be pretty far off (like mocking Nkemdiche in the top 15 last year).

I would not worry about that. There is no way we take a QB round 1 this year. Next year is a different story.

only a dummy would take Watson over OJ Howard and Rueben Foster

Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
    only a dummy would take Watson over OJ Howard and Rueben Foster
    haha. Exactly my point on why this scenario would easily be the most frustrating one I can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    I would not worry about that. There is no way we take a QB round 1 this year. Next year is a different story.
    Yeah with all this money spent on the D until 2021 we are all in to win now.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Brooks is a terrible terrible mock draft guy. He picks players to cause stirs to get mad people like you creating this thread to get more pub. Its all for attention and click bait.
    walter at walterfootball was also picking him in the 1st foe a bit,,and he is pretty knowledgeable. but i agree,,,would be terrible,,,,,i like davis webb,,kid from cal.

Quote Originally Posted by JameyC View Post
    walter at walterfootball was also picking him in the 1st foe a bit,,and he is pretty knowledgeable. but i agree,,,would be terrible,,,,,i like davis webb,,kid from cal.
    Walter footballs mocks have gone off a cliff the last 3 years or so, he used to be pretty good and it was fun to check up on his always changing 7 round mock, but he has no idea what he is talking about these days.