+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brown View Post
    Whitworth.

The real answer to all of this is they should have drafted Tunsil when they had the chance. Unfortunately they were scared off because the guy did a bong hit in high school.

Good move there. How can anyone ever trust or respect someone who tried weed in high school? God forbid...
    You mean like Will Hill?

It really has no bearing what any of us think about the use of weed...THE NFL has consequences....why would you spend a first round pick on someone that might be suspended half the time? I wish you guys would stop using Tunsil as any kind of an example....because on the day the choice was made the Giants and Reese did the right thing based on their info....pretty easy now that you have more info
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    Ya.. I know...

I went to OL.com and there are tons of good OL to pick up! AND Free Shipping this weekend!!!
    AND.. WAIT!! get a second OL for FREE..just pay S&P....

Why hasn't that dummy Reese been there??
    OL.com you say?

Will have to check it out lol.
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

Whitworth is still a high quality left tackle. PFF graded his signing an A. With Eli at the end of the line we could have gotten this guy and it would have solved our problems at LT. Are we looking at a trade for Joe Thomas?

I don't know about you but I think Reese should be doing all in his power to give Eli the best chance possible at getting a third ring. In not addressing the O line, which was a massive problem last year, Reese is failing Eli in this regard.
    I'd be willing to bet they are doing everything in their power to address the Oline.

They just happen to think this crop of FA's aren't worth the investment, considering the cap hit.

Our line is still relatively young. The FO's assessment must be leaning towards the side that the problems are coachable and correctable.
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    It's a good offseason because they did the best they could with the cap space they had so far.
    agreed. With the cap and trying to re-sign JPP, the Giants did ok so far.

I know a lot of people were hoping to see the O-line addressed in FA. But hell, some of these FA O-linemen got a boatload of money. There is 1 name still out there that I heard some posters mention as a potential O-line target, Austin Pasztor. But now that the Giants have signed JPP long term and opened up some cap space, Pasztor is a realistic reasonable addition?

Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    Ya.. I know...

I went to OL.com and there are tons of good OL to pick up! AND Free Shipping this weekend!!!
    AND.. WAIT!! get a second OL for FREE..just pay S&P....

Why hasn't that dummy Reese been there??
    Yeah but the yelp reviews were mixed.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Quote Originally Posted by TNGMen871 View Post

I know a lot of people were hoping to see the O-line addressed in FA. But hell, some of these FA O-linemen got a boatload of money. There is 1 name still out there that I heard some posters mention as a potential O-line target, Austin Pasztor. But now that the Giants have signed JPP long term and opened up some cap space, Pasztor is a realistic reasonable addition?
    ithink Pasztor would be a good addition sure. I'm not sure they go that route though. I see them more drafting an OL in one of the first 2-3 rounds. Throw that rook into the competition for RT.

i think with the new cap room we have they'll try and resign Hank and Robinson. I honestly rather sign Hank to a 1 year deal and then draft his replacement this year than sign him to a long term deal.

Whitworth is still a high quality left tackle. PFF graded his signing an A. With Eli at the end of the line we could have gotten this guy and it would have solved our problems at LT. Are we looking at a trade for Joe Thomas?

I don't know about you but I think Reese should be doing all in his power to give Eli the best chance possible at getting a third ring. In not addressing the O line, which was a massive problem last year, Reese is failing Eli in this regard.
    You can't have everyone.

There's plenty of teams that want these players. Maybe Whitworth didn't want to come to NY. Maybe he's got family in LA. Maybe he's an early riser and likes to pack in the morning. I'm an educated man but I'm afraid I can't testify as to the travel habits of Mr. Whitworth....

Anyway, 36 million for a 36 year old was too rich for the Giants blood and I don't blame them.

You don't just sign guys for the sake of signing them. Besides, I really think they want to give Flowers another year to try and prove himself.
    Thank god it's hockey season.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    ithink Pasztor would be a good addition sure. I'm not sure they go that route though. I see them more drafting an OL in one of the first 2-3 rounds. Throw that rook into the competition for RT.

i think with the new cap room we have they'll try and resign Hank and Robinson. I honestly rather sign Hank to a 1 year deal and then draft his replacement this year than sign him to a long term deal.
    Yeah I can see OL being addressed in Rds 1, 2, or maybe 3. That Forrest Lamp is an intriguing prospect potentially at 23. I think he could play RT or RG in the NFL. I know Flowers stunk it up last season, but my gut tells me that most likely we will see Flowers start the season at LT, Pugh at LG and Richburg at C. I can see competition for RG and RT right now.

I agree with you on Hankins. Maybe a 1 yr deal right now. I think they can find a good DT prospect in the draft. The D-line position is a strength in this years draft as opposed to the weaker O-line class.

There weren't a lot of viable options, plain and simple. Whitworth was overpaid, as expected, and he was nothing but a band aid, and an old band aid at that. As far as Tunsil, enough about tht already. Its over and done with, and nothing will change that.

If you thought that they were going to bring in every FA lineman available, then you obviously weren't being the least bit realistic. The JPP contract was going to ensure that they weren't going to be big players in FA this year
    I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.
    ― Franz Kafka

Quote Originally Posted by TNGMen871 View Post

JPP was resigned to a mega deal avg 17M a season over 4 Years with 40M guaranteed?? To Rich imo. And while this deal will offer Cap Relief and free up about 9.4 Million for this off season. It will create a huge problem in the coming years trying to re sign Richberg, Pugh and others and will hand cuff us trying to bring in other teams FAs as well.

Better use that Cap Relief wisely and have a great draft cause the o line issue has the potential now to get a lot worse over next two seasons
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***