View Poll Results: How long to wait before judging draft class?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Immediately (1st year)

    0 0%
  • 2 years

    2 10.53%
  • 3 years

    15 78.95%
  • 4+ years

    2 10.53%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    How long to wait before judging a draft class?

    Just wondering how long people should wait before judging a draft class. I hear different numbers so wanted to hear what you all think.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

    The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

  2. #2
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,379
    I would say 3 years. It gives players time to adjust to the NFL game and prove they can stay on the field.

  3. #3
    I agree 3 years is the normal wait time. some players such as OBJ come into the league already hyped and are expected to contribute mightily as soon as they hit the field.

  4. #4
    Veteran poppa smurph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    moncton, NB
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    I would say 3 years. It gives players time to adjust to the NFL game and prove they can stay on the field.
    Ditto.

    I'd add in, different positions have different learning curve times.
    RB's mature quicker than Lbers for example.
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

  5. #5
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,379
    Quote Originally Posted by poppa smurph View Post
    I'd add in, different positions have different learning curve times.
    RB's mature quicker than Lbers for example.
    Absolutely. In general WRs and RBs have an easier transition And these days OL can take the longest.

  6. #6
    Veteran poppa smurph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    moncton, NB
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    Absolutely. In general WRs and RBs have an easier transition And these days OL can take the longest.
    Lol...Thats our problem...we're "deveolping" on the line.
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

  7. #7
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,379
    Quote Originally Posted by poppa smurph View Post
    Lol...Thats our problem...we're "deveolping" on the line.
    Its a problem throughout the league. The differences in college offenses plus the changes to practice time in the CBA make it much harder for OL to transition. It's just a fact of life and part of the reason for the quick pass offenses you see today.

  8. #8
    Veteran poppa smurph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    moncton, NB
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    Its a problem throughout the league. The differences in college offenses plus the changes to practice time in the CBA make it much harder for OL to transition. It's just a fact of life and part of the reason for the quick pass offenses you see today.
    Yup..i agree
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    7,040
    At least three years.

  10. #10
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Goonies never say die
    Posts
    25,864
    3 years, but 2 years will show you a good direction.
    1-OT Ryan Ramczyk
    2-TE Adam Shaheen
    3-DE Demarcus Walker
    4-RB Samaje Perine
    5-QB Joshua Dobbs
    6-CB Marquez White
    7-LB Ben Boulware

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts