+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliordie View Post
    Almost 50 mil a year on the DLine alone for the next 4 years? No thanks, unless that DLine is Von Miller, Gerald McCoy, JJ Watt, and Von Miller

If we were gonna spend that on a DT we might as well have gotten Nick Fairley, an actual 3 tech
    That ship has sailed. Don't bring an argument for a player we did or can not sign. It is a futile effort and baseless.

Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    That ship has sailed. Don't bring an argument for a player we did or can not sign. It is a futile effort and baseless.
    One could say that was Fairley obvious

Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    I would like to see them take a chance and lock him up for 3 -4 for 8 a year 32/15 guaranteed
    i wouldnt be mad if that happened, but i dont really think it's the best to lock up so much into the DL. Hankins is good but it's not like if he's not here the DL falls apart. He's the most replaceable on the DL. And we may be able to replace his production with a combo of Bromley Thomas and a rook.

thats why i think a 1 year deal would be best for both parties. Giants get another year of the DL and can groom his replacement, and Hankins can get another shot at a big contract next year when he'll only be 26.

I understand everybody's love for a 3 tech .... but maybe the giants value the thought of 2 run stuffing 1 techs ....and I don't blame them....it obviously worked last season .... nobody ran on us

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    i wouldnt be mad if that happened, but i dont really think it's the best to lock up so much into the DL. Hankins is good but it's not like if he's not here the DL falls apart. He's the most replaceable on the DL. And we may be able to replace his production with a combo of Bromley Thomas and a rook.

thats why i think a 1 year deal would be best for both parties. Giants get another year of the DL and can groom his replacement, and Hankins can get another shot at a big contract next year when he'll only be 26.
    Completely agree. Clearly no other team values Hankins on a big deal or he would have been signed by now so why would the Giants give him 8 per over 3-4 years. Bennie Logan got a 1 year deal. Dontari Poe got a 1 year deal. Hankins is not better than those guys. Offer him a 1 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by KillaRich View Post
    I understand everybody's love for a 3 tech .... but maybe the giants value the thought of 2 run stuffing 1 techs ....and I don't blame them....it obviously worked last season .... nobody ran on us
    That's fine, but if we resign big hank, we should go after a pass rushing lb in the draft, like Red****
    1st- OJ Howard, TE
    2nd- Caleb Brantley, DT
    3rd- Dorian Johnson, OG/RT
    4th- Samaje Perine, RB
    5th- Damontae Kazee, CB
    6th- Ejuan Price, DE/OLB
    7th- Tedric Thompson, FS

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

The thing with Hank is he is kind of his own hybrid of a 1 and 3 tech DT. Nick Fairley had three good pass rush seasons with 5.5, 6 and 6.5 sacks. In Hankins two full seasons he had 3 and 7 sacks. I think he is very capable of getting after the QB. Hope we resign him to see if he can get some of that pass rush going this year.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (75) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (43) -> ???
    "Next man up"

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaRich View Post
    Tend to agree with you. While we'd all love a great inside 3T pass rusher in this division (right now) we have to worry about controlling/beating E-Elliot and the boys. On top of that I fully expect the Eagles could go RB in round 1 this year.

We need to control the run game as well as get to the QB.

The idea of Z-Cunningham is growing on me.

Re-sign Hank on solid team deal - keep d-line as is with guys like Kennard/Diggy assisting with QB pressure. A kid like Cunningham - in combo with a L-Collins gives us 2 guys close to the line of scrimmage that read quickly and can make plays (defend run/pass) while also being pass-rush (blitz) options.

Plus with solid DL and very solid secondary -- would be nice to add a play making LB with great instincts...movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliordie View Post
    Almost 50 mil a year on the DLine alone for the next 4 years? No thanks, unless that DLine is Von Miller, Gerald McCoy, JJ Watt, and Von Miller

If we were gonna spend that on a DT we might as well have gotten Nick Fairley, an actual 3 tech
    Imagine having two Von Millers lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran
    is Hank worth the money though? I thought he'd have a great year next to Harrison, but he only managed 3 sacks playing next to the best dt in football. time to move on.