+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Remaining Holes

ok, so the holes remaining on our roster are these:

1. DT - I wouldn't mind Hank back, even though some teams are apparently not impressed with him. If he wants too much though, we could get somebody from the draft. I'd be ok with that.

2. LT - with the money we freed up from the JPP deal, I'd go after Clady here. He hasn't had too much buzz and I doubt he'll be able to demand that much. He also doesn't prevent us from drafting an LT because he'd likely sign a short deal. I know he's been hurt a lot, but he's still got a lot of experience and has been the best LT in the game not too long ago in his career. He can definitely help, especially since we're in win now mode.

3. MLB - ugh. no clue what we can do here. maybe bring robinson back. maybe draft someone who won't be able to make an impact right away. it seems like we're never gonna get a stud LB.

4. Backup CB - If one of our top 3 CBs go down (which they tend to do), we're pretty much screwed. We need to add some guys in FA here for depth. I don't want to use another pick on the position.

from what you got id go with

1 - let Hank walk and draft a DT this year

2 - i actually dont hate the idea of Clady for a 1 year deal

3 - Hopefully they resign Robinson. Also think we'll draft a LB at some point too

4 - Think we should resign Sensabaugh or Wade and also draft one in the mid to late rounds - preferably one that can play the slot.

Veteran
    I wouldn't necessarily limit your 2nd choice to LT. RT seems more plausible to fill. You think the Giants are going to put the rookie draft choice at LT ? RT would be more likely imho. And DT run stopper would be 2nd rd choice. And if I had my way we would then take that TE from Clemson in the 3rd rd. And a strong inside runner in the 4th. That's just my order of importance not anyone else. I'm sure it would differ on almost every opinion. But the gaps are getting less and less we may not be pigeon holed in the draft in a must sign certain position of need. If Big Hank signs it gives us even more flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post

3 - Hopefully they resign Robinson. Also think we'll draft a LB at some point too

4 - Think we should resign Sensabaugh or Wade and also draft one in the mid to late rounds - preferably one that can play the slot.
    Do NOT want to see Wade anywhere near this team!

#1 Sign Hank if he is not too expensive, if so, draft.
    #2 LT It's Flowers like it or not.
    #3 I wish it was draft but we all know Reese doesn't care. I heard Unga is a FA again.
    #4 Draft a CB mid to late in the draft.
    1-OT Ryan Ramczyk
    2-TE Adam Shaheen
    3-DE Demarcus Walker
    4-RB Samaje Perine
    5-QB Joshua Dobbs
    6-CB Marquez White
    7-LB Ben Boulware

they need another DE JPP and Vernon can't play 95% 94% of the plays again this year,they will be asking to lose one of them to injury.I know they have some guys on the roster but they didn't want to use them last year they need to draft a legit guy who will be there to take the torch.

Quote Originally Posted by big blue dog View Post
    they need another DE JPP and Vernon can't play 95% 94% of the plays again this year,they will be asking to lose one of them to injury.I know they have some guys on the roster but they didn't want to use them last year they need to draft a legit guy who will be there to take the torch.
    I know that you can "never have too many pass rushers", and I agree with that, but the Giants have spent more money on DE than probably any team in the league, plus we have depth guys already like Diggy and Oakwara.

The first few picks should be on offensive players, namely linemen and maybe a RB. DE is less of a priority for us in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post

I think the Giants feel that BJ Goodson is ready to take next step
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    I think the Giants feel that BJ Goodson is ready to take next step
    It's not like we need him in a full time role, just to man the middle when we're in 4-3, maybe even strong side

Bench Player
    Yeah why does everyone seem to ignore Goodson. The Giants are pretty high on him and considering how little an impact Sheppard had last year it would be almost impossible for Goodson to not be even a little better than him.