+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brown View Post
    Not directly. I never said that. Only McAdoo criticized Eli directly as far as I am aware. I just mean that the FO hasn't done anything significant to improve the O line, which suggests they don't think it's as big of a problem as everyone here does.
    That is an assumption. If it was not a big deal, they would have not brought in all the line men or a TE that can block in the backfield as well to help fix some of the issues.

Not directly. I never said that. Only McAdoo criticized Eli directly as far as I am aware. I just mean that the FO hasn't done anything significant to improve the O line, which suggests they don't think it's as big of a problem as everyone here does.
    You don't think the OL is a problem?
    Engage brain before speaking.

Who the hell seriously does not think that the OL was not a big problem? Were you watching games? If you believe that, I have a left tackle to trade you. McAdoo criticized Eli because he's not man enough to take some of the criticisms of his play calling. I get that he has to protect his OL that got slammed the whole season, but I don't see a head coach who takes responsibility for his own failings and shortcomings either.

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    You don't think the OL is a problem?
    I absolutely do. I think it was an extremely poor run blocking line and mediocre at best in pass protection.

Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    That is an assumption. If it was not a big deal, they would have not brought in all the line men or a TE that can block in the backfield as well to help fix some of the issues.
    "Brought in all the linemen?" As in multiple players? Who exactly?

They brought in Fluker and let Newhouse go. That's a mild upgrade of a horrible player to a mediocre at best player. They haven't added anyone else besides that.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    Who the hell seriously does not think that the OL was not a big problem? Were you watching games? If you believe that, I have a left tackle to trade you. McAdoo criticized Eli because he's not man enough to take some of the criticisms of his play calling. I get that he has to protect his OL that got slammed the whole season, but I don't see a head coach who takes responsibility for his own failings and shortcomings either.
    I do think it's a problem. Why are you directing this at me? I'm merely observing what the FO has done to rectify this problem so far, and it has been minimal.

Add to that the fact that the HC said the QB needs to play better and that merely blaming the OL is a "lazy" excuse, and my point is simply that the HC and FO aren't behaving in a manner that suggests they think the poor production of the offense is all the line's fault.

You guys are not understanding me correctly here. I never said the O line wasn't a problem. I personally think it is. It's the HC (by his own words) and the FO (by its own actions, or lack thereof) who don't seem to think it is as big of a problem as everyone else here.

"Brought in all the linemen?" As in multiple players? Who exactly?

They brought in Fluker and let Newhouse go. That's a mild upgrade of a horrible player to a mediocre at best player. They haven't added anyone else besides that.
    Besides Fluker and re-signing Jerry

Gettis G
    Holmes C
    Bowie RT
    Halapio G
    Wallace LT

Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    Besides Fluker and re-signing Jerry

Gettis G
    Holmes C
    Bowie RT
    Halapio G
    Wallace LT
    Ah. I didn't realize you were including practice squad caliber players.

We couldn't afford the lineman on the market and most weren't worth half of what they got, that's why we havnt done hardly anything about the oline

As for Mac's comments.. If he truly believes that, then that + his play calling last year indicates to me he has no idea what he's doing and needs to be fired immediately

Ah. I didn't realize you were including practice squad caliber players.
    If they did not make other moves as well it would be concerning. Fluker and Ellison show commitment to improve the running game. That is obvious . I am not a fan PS squad players as a change option. That is not the case with the 3 signings Jerry, Fluker and Ellison. The additional PS players show commitment to adding depth that they lacked last year. If one of those PS guys is a serviceable back up Line man, it is worth it. You can find undrafted O-line gems. It is not unheard of just ask Dallas how many they had last year.
    Last edited by TEM; 03-19-2017 at 08:56 PM.