+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bench Player

Hankins Replacement

Anybody up for replacing Hankins with Ricky Jean Francois? He was released from Washington, could be an inexpensive option.

He's a decent option.

I believe Reese has stated he can re-sign JPP and Hankins. A big money hurdle to negotiate with Hankins has been removed with the JPP signing . I don't believe until all options have been exhausted with Hankins, Reese is going to move on from him.

Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    I believe Reese has stated he can re-sign JPP and Hankins. A big money hurdle to negotiate with Hankins has been removed with the JPP signing . I don't believe until all options have been exhausted with Hankins, Reese is going to move on from him.
    From what I heard in bleacherr report we're not expected to offer more than 1 yr 4 mil for Hank

Quote Originally Posted by Eliordie View Post
    From what I heard in bleacherr report we're not expected to offer more than 1 yr 4 mil for Hank
    I don't buy into reported numbers, most if not all of them are unsubstantiated.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post

the perfect move is a one year deal, we canīt commit more money in that D Line

Im kind of torn when it comes to Hankins.

Hes a good, young player and all but I think he would have a better career with someone else. We are trying to make him a 3 Tech pass rushing DT, and thats not what he is....

I would like for us to look at Caleb Brantley, Jaleel Johnson, or Carlos Watkins in the draft to pair alongside of Snacks
    1st- OJ Howard, TE
    2nd- Caleb Brantley, DT
    3rd- Dorian Johnson, OG/RT
    4th- Samaje Perine, RB
    5th- Damontae Kazee, CB
    6th- Ejuan Price, DE/OLB
    7th- Tedric Thompson, FS

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

I don't think Hankins is worth more than 6-7 a yr on a long term deal and, at this point, I kind of want to see us invest the money elsewhere. According to PFF, Francois graded out much better than Hankins last season anyway. Even though PFF is not always reliable, Hankins has regressed these last couple of years. Only problem is Francois didn't get nearly as many snaps with the skins last year as Hankins took with us..plus he is similar to Hankins in that he stuffs the run well, but doesn't offer much as an interior pass rusher.
    1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
    2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
    3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
    4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

I think rjf would be a good replacement for him, but if I were the giants I might focus on signing a linebacker with the money as zach brown talks with the raiders have stalled. Also gerald hodges would be a good option to look at. They might present a better allocation of assets at this point in free agency. There are some good dt second round options in the draft and I think anyone standing next to snacks will play well.