+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by huckleberryeli View Post
    I think rjf would be a good replacement for him, but if I were the giants I might focus on signing a linebacker with the money as zach brown talks with the raiders have stalled. Also gerald hodges would be a good option to look at. They might present a better allocation of assets at this point in free agency. There are some good dt second round options in the draft and I think anyone standing next to snacks will play well.
    Forgot Brown was available, he's coming off a good season definitely wouldn't mind getting him but we have to get Robinson too or we won't have a will

Veteran
    i think hankins can be even better. he is still young. no problem with resigning this guy. u need to be deep at dt in this defense especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliordie View Post
    Forgot Brown was available, he's coming off a good season definitely wouldn't mind getting him but we have to get Robinson too or we won't have a will
    Yeah I think with the money they have and next years cap situation being much inproved, they should be able to get both. If you start with brown, robinson will probably still be there

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LTMVP View Post
    i think hankins can be even better. he is still young. no problem with resigning this guy. u need to be deep at dt in this defense especially.
    How much money can we tie up on the dline? 50m a year??

Quote Originally Posted by Eliordie View Post
    From what I heard in bleacherr report we're not expected to offer more than 1 yr 4 mil for Hank
    things changed when we re signed JPP some how by slapping the franchise tag on JPP and re signing him it opened up about 9 million we should be able to sign all our pieces on defense and possible a decent power running back!

Veteran
    I like Hank a lot I hope we can re-sign him. I understand not going over a certain price cause we can get a run stopper in the 2nd rd. Maybe that 1 year deal would be the best option cause the DT we get in the draft would give us nice depth and just make our defense deeper. if Bleacher report is correct that's awful cheap for Hank he's worth more than that. But boy that would leave room to sign Robinson.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Yen View Post
    things changed when we re signed JPP some how by slapping the franchise tag on JPP and re signing him it opened up about 9 million we should be able to sign all our pieces on defense and possible a decent power running back!
    Was yesterday, and why would we blow all of that (pretty much all we have) on a misfit 1 tech who underperformed last year

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JLM View Post
    the perfect move is a one year deal, we canīt commit more money in that D Line
    I agree. And in my opinion he's a guy with strength and talent but not always a fire under his butt. 1 yr deal so he can go out and try to prove he is worth the big deal, the one that may not be wise to come from NYG.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post
    I agree. And in my opinion he's a guy with strength and talent but not always a fire under his butt. 1 yr deal so he can go out and try to prove he is worth the big deal, the one that may not be wise to come from NYG.

that would be perfect, we would have our D Line one more year while we draft a Pass Rush DT in this Draft or the next one.

Veteran
    Would be interesting if Giants shifted their attention off Hankins and moved to spend Hank $$$ to sign Z-Brown (Bills) to replace K-Robinson at SAM backer.

Then maybe Giants wait out FA market and sign a guy like Ricky J-F to replace Hankins at DT on the cheap.

Then we draft a WIL LB in the 1st (Z-Cunningham or Jarrad Davis) and presto we have a new LB group of Brown/Goodson/Cunningham next season.