+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41
  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,345

    Giants wire reporting giants may have interest in Joe Thomas

    http://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017/...veland-browns/

    Take it for what it's worth, if we could clear up the cap room I think I'd be ok with giving them a 2nd at this point, so long as we still have enough money to get another need or 2 filled

  2. #2
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    34,335
    Depends on what we're giving up.
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

  3. #3
    All-Pro BronxBomberBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    7,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliordie View Post
    http://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017/...veland-browns/

    Take it for what it's worth, if we could clear up the cap room I think I'd be ok with giving them a 2nd at this point, so long as we still have enough money to get another need or 2 filled


    "If we could clear up the cap room" is a big if. With other teams also interested in Thomas, this might be a tough trade to accomplish.
    [img]http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r714/darksaint2/P1250543_zpsflsphdcl.jpg[/img

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,345
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    "If we could clear up the cap room" is a big if. With other teams also interested in Thomas, this might be a tough trade to accomplish.
    Prob would, but we're pretty desperate at the LT position, to go from the worst to one of the best just like that would be something

    The kind of move that would immediately make us a serious threat to bring home the Lombardi, but you're right a tough one to pull off, though we may not have to clear all that much cap room, depending on how much it'll cost us to fill other needs

  5. #5
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    23
    Sounds expensive.... Im not a fan of spending a lot of money on oldies but we need to do something their i guess.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Depends on what we're giving up.
    what i read on thee is they wanted a 2nd and to clear the cap space don't know if that is true but thats what was written.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliordie View Post
    http://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017/...veland-browns/

    Take it for what it's worth, if we could clear up the cap room I think I'd be ok with giving them a 2nd at this point, so long as we still have enough money to get another need or 2 filled
    I'd gladly give up a 2nd rounder to have Joe Thomas protect Eli for the next 2 years. No 2nd rounder will have more of an impact then he would. We are 1 good left tackle away from being NFC favorites in my opinion.

  8. #8
    Veteran darrin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staten Island via NJ
    Posts
    4,483
    Quote Originally Posted by big blue dog View Post
    what i read on thee is they wanted a 2nd and to clear the cap space don't know if that is true but thats what was written.
    I don't know why Cleveland would be worrying about clearing cap space. They still have between $60-70M to spend.

  9. #9
    Not really possible from a cap perspective.

  10. #10
    Veteran darrin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staten Island via NJ
    Posts
    4,483
    Quote Originally Posted by dayeh33 View Post
    I'd gladly give up a 2nd rounder to have Joe Thomas protect Eli for the next 2 years. No 2nd rounder will have more of an impact then he would. We are 1 good left tackle away from being NFC favorites in my opinion.
    It's not so much the 2nd rounder. It's the $11.5M of cap space required.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts