+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Giants wire reporting giants may have interest in Joe Thomas

http://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017/...veland-browns/

Take it for what it's worth, if we could clear up the cap room I think I'd be ok with giving them a 2nd at this point, so long as we still have enough money to get another need or 2 filled

Depends on what we're giving up.
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliordie View Post

Take it for what it's worth, if we could clear up the cap room I think I'd be ok with giving them a 2nd at this point, so long as we still have enough money to get another need or 2 filled

"If we could clear up the cap room" is a big if. With other teams also interested in Thomas, this might be a tough trade to accomplish.
    [img]http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r714/darksaint2/P1250543_zpsflsphdcl.jpg[/img

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    "If we could clear up the cap room" is a big if. With other teams also interested in Thomas, this might be a tough trade to accomplish.
    Prob would, but we're pretty desperate at the LT position, to go from the worst to one of the best just like that would be something

The kind of move that would immediately make us a serious threat to bring home the Lombardi, but you're right a tough one to pull off, though we may not have to clear all that much cap room, depending on how much it'll cost us to fill other needs

Bench Player
    Sounds expensive.... Im not a fan of spending a lot of money on oldies but we need to do something their i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Depends on what we're giving up.
    what i read on thee is they wanted a 2nd and to clear the cap space don't know if that is true but thats what was written.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliordie View Post

I'd gladly give up a 2nd rounder to have Joe Thomas protect Eli for the next 2 years. No 2nd rounder will have more of an impact then he would. We are 1 good left tackle away from being NFC favorites in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by big blue dog View Post
    what i read on thee is they wanted a 2nd and to clear the cap space don't know if that is true but thats what was written.
    I don't know why Cleveland would be worrying about clearing cap space. They still have between $60-70M to spend.

Not really possible from a cap perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by dayeh33 View Post
    I'd gladly give up a 2nd rounder to have Joe Thomas protect Eli for the next 2 years. No 2nd rounder will have more of an impact then he would. We are 1 good left tackle away from being NFC favorites in my opinion.
    It's not so much the 2nd rounder. It's the $11.5M of cap space required.