+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by facundogabriel View Post
    Could the Browns absorb some salary cap in a possible trade?
    I'm wondering the same, like c'mon you got like 100m in cap room what good does that do you?

MAYBE even throw in like a 5th or something to get them to

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Depends on if Eli wants better protection or not. He is the largest contract on the team and can do something about it if he wants to help him self and the team.

I'd gladly drop Harris and Vereen to get it done.
    He's only counting 11mil against the cap. Not sure if there is anything else he can do other than tear his contract and play for free.

I would not give up a 2nd rounder for Joe Thomas. This draft is deep is several positions we need. There will be some talent left in round two.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

Giantswire has the giants interested in everyone. Lol

This idea of the Browns dealing Thomas makes no sense whatsoever.
    Exactly how would they be better by trading him away?
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

Quote Originally Posted by poppa smurph View Post
    This idea of the Browns dealing Thomas makes no sense whatsoever.
    Exactly how would they be better by trading him away?
    What's the point in keeping him? He's obviously not gonna win them any ball games, that franchise knows they're in the midst of an all out rebuild project, draft picks are more valuable than aging vets when you're in that phase

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    I would not give up a 2nd rounder for Joe Thomas. This draft is deep is several positions we need. There will be some talent left in round two.
    The chances of finding someone better than Joe Thomas in the 2nd round is miniscule at best

Especially a LT (at any point really) which we are supremely desperate for, this IS the kinds move that can land us in the SB THIS year

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    What player is in THIS draft and that will likely go in the 2nd round that would improve this team--for the NEXT 2-3 YEARS-- more than a multiple time All Pro LT, arguably the best LT over the last several years, with at least 2 high production years left in him? I'm no draftnick like some here, but it has been oft repeated by the draft experts I've heard this is one of the weakest draft classes of the last several years.

This could be the ideal year for the Giants to pull off a trade like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    What player is in THIS draft and that will likely go in the 2nd round that would improve this team--for the NEXT 2-3 YEARS-- more than a multiple time All Pro LT, arguably the best LT over the last several years, with at least 2 high production years left in him? I'm no draftnick like some here, but it has been oft repeated by the draft experts I've heard this is one of the weakest draft classes of the last several years.

This could be the ideal year for the Giants to pull off a trade like this.
    Overall its a fantastic draft class, abnormal amount of blue chip prospects.. just not for OLineman unfortunately for us

Veteran
    Last year I would have gave up a 2nd rd. But now he's a year older and he lost another year on his career I would have to think hard about it. But he could last as long as Eli so I could live with it. Moving Flowers to the right side would give us a monstrous right side of the line in Fluker and Flowers. If the Giants did this it would mean they figured out the cap hit to do it.

I really wanted him last year bad. Don't think he wants to leave Cleveland he might not want to come, Would want to know if his heart was in it. HC Hue Jackson of Cleveland does not want him to go anywhere. Last year he said if Thomas was traded he would quit. Don't know if he still feels that way.