+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

I'm going on record that Eli will want/get another contract extension from the New York Giants

And of course it will be for the betterment of the team. Eli is 36 years young, he will turn 39 in 2020 which is when his contract is up and becomes a FA -- however it won't get to that point.

I also say this with the hypothetical that we win another Super Bowl or two.

This is all health permitted and assuming the core of the team stays strong. Which is something Jerry Reese may need to keep in the back of his head. Yes we have a closing window but we don't really know just how fast or how small/big that window actually is.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

According to Peyton, Eli would play for free:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...all-1.13240335

Peyton Manning said his one regret in his NFL career was not being able to break Brett Favre’s record of 297 consecutive regular-season starts. Peyton, who started 208 straight games, believes Eli will do that, though. The 36-year-old has never missed a start, a streak of 199 regular-season games.
    “I don’t think Eli would tell the Maras and the Tisches this,” Peyton said of the Giants’ owners, “but he would play for free.”

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    According to Peyton, Eli would play for free:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...all-1.13240335

Peyton Manning said his one regret in his NFL career was not being able to break Brett Favre’s record of 297 consecutive regular-season starts. Peyton, who started 208 straight games, believes Eli will do that, though. The 36-year-old has never missed a start, a streak of 199 regular-season games.
    “I don’t think Eli would tell the Maras and the Tisches this,” Peyton said of the Giants’ owners, “but he would play for free.”
    As for his post-retirement plans, Peyton said he has not made any decisions. Eli called him “an embarrassment” for being the only member of the family over 40 years old and unemployed.
    Giants videos

Eli also spoke about being drafted by the Chargers and traded to the Giants, his relationship with Tom Coughlin, and 8-year-old fans in Philadelphia who “say some things about my mom.”

LOL
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    And of course it will be for the betterment of the team. Eli is 36 years young, he will turn 39 in 2020 which is when his contract is up and becomes a FA -- however it won't get to that point.

I also say this with the hypothetical that we win another Super Bowl or two.

This is all health permitted and assuming the core of the team stays strong. Which is something Jerry Reese may need to keep in the back of his head. Yes we have a closing window but we don't really know just how fast or how small/big that window actually is.
    Or two... I love it

Eli and Peyton are hilarious. Man 98 more starts is a ton. That is 6 full seasons plus two games.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

Banned
    Hmmmmmm.. I don't know about that. Could be a stretch.

no way
    and they will be lucky to make any noise in the playoffs another time or two in the next few seasons
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I know you love Eli, but I dont see that happening and if it does, be prepared to lose a player like Odell or Landon as with the contracts on the DL all going through the next 4 years. They cannot pay a QB $20mil per with the DL contracts and close to $20mil for Odell and close to $15 probably for Landon. Its not feasible.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    I know you love Eli, but I dont see that happening and if it does, be prepared to lose a player like Odell or Landon as with the contracts on the DL all going through the next 4 years. They cannot pay a QB $20mil per with the DL contracts and close to $20mil for Odell and close to $15 probably for Landon. Its not feasible.
    No way do Vernon, Harrison, Jenkins AND JPP all play through the next four years. All of them are cuttable after two more years (i.e. when they need to agree new deals with Beckham & Collins) if they're not performing.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Agreed. Their going to have to make room for extensions for Pugh/Rich/Beckham/Landon and paying Eli 20/year will make that tough, nearly impossible. Pick up Odell's 5 year option and when it's time for an extension Eli's contract will be up, use that money on him. Then should have some left over unless Odell gets 20 a year lol