+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Essex Blue View Post
    No way do Vernon, Harrison, Jenkins AND JPP all play through the next four years. All of them are cuttable after two more years (i.e. when they need to agree new deals with Beckham & Collins) if they're not performing.
    If they are all stay playing at a high level, they may. We have Odell, Landon, Pugh and Richburg that all should get long term deals. Paying a QB $20mil+ and also paying all of these guys is just not feasible. Either you keep a 39 year old Eli and dump a mid to late 20's high level player or you do the opposite. If Eli plays like Tom Brady the next 2 years, then maybe. But he has not shown that level of play at any time in his career so there is no reason to think he will now.

So much funny in this thread don't know where to begin laughing.
    Spin that Webb young Davis

Even if Eli isn't with the Giants, he will start somewhere else. If he's let go after this extension, he's not going to retire a Giant when there's other offers for him to start.
    Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game.

All-Pro
    My opinion is that Eli will retire after his current contract if it is not renewed by the Giants.

What if he agrees to come back for the vet minimum? Not like he needs the money.

"Take this money and buy me an OLine" - Eli Manning
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    If they are all stay playing at a high level, they may. We have Odell, Landon, Pugh and Richburg that all should get long term deals. Paying a QB $20mil+ and also paying all of these guys is just not feasible. Either you keep a 39 year old Eli and dump a mid to late 20's high level player or you do the opposite. If Eli plays like Tom Brady the next 2 years, then maybe. But he has not shown that level of play at any time in his career so there is no reason to think he will now.
    If the Giants remain competitive... than replacing Eli will not be an option. Remember.. Dumping your QB is the start of a rebuild. During a rebuild.. those "high level" players.. dont really matter.

Until they make a large investment in a new qb (like a 1st round pick) than the end of Eli's Career is NOT in sight. That is usually the only way to switch QBs without an extended stay in the cellar of the NFC.

The point I am trying to make is.. those "High level" players.. really are not doing anything for you without your QB is all. You can not maximize these players value without a franchise QB.

Besides... Pugh and Richburg are probably more expandable than you think... They are not near the caliber of Odell or Landon.

If we extend him it will mean we're doing great as a team and need to keep it going, if the team is struggling he'll be replaced in my opinion.

I doubt Eli gets another extension especially after JR is already on record stating that Eli is on the 'back-nine' of his career and they've already started thinking about the next QB.

The Giants look to be going 'all in' to try and win another SB before Eli is done, but people need to start getting used to the idea that these are Eli's final years as a Giant.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    I know you love Eli, but I dont see that happening and if it does, be prepared to lose a player like Odell or Landon as with the contracts on the DL all going through the next 4 years. They cannot pay a QB $20mil per with the DL contracts and close to $20mil for Odell and close to $15 probably for Landon. Its not feasible.
    His new contract wouldn't cost nearly that much I'm sure.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneroses6300 View Post
    Even if Eli isn't with the Giants, he will start somewhere else. If he's let go after this extension, he's not going to retire a Giant when there's other offers for him to start.
    Eli will never ever play for any other team than the NYG. Giants ownership will not let him walk away anyway. Both sides will come to an agreement on either retirement or an extension. Eli is far from finished.

Everyone is so ready to get rid of a reliable top 10 QB only to "search" for his replacement.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."