+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    His new contract wouldn't cost nearly that much I'm sure.
    So what do you think he would play for if things go well the next few years? Cause if he plays at the level he played last year, I dont think he will get another deal.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    So what do you think he would play for if things go well the next few years? Cause if he plays at the level he played last year, I dont think he will get another deal.
    Only Eli can answer that but I assume you once 2019 comes both sides will collectively get together and talk about their options and go from there. He will never make it to Free Agency.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

And of course it will be for the betterment of the team. Eli is 36 years young, he will turn 39 in 2020 which is when his contract is up and becomes a FA -- however it won't get to that point.

I also say this with the hypothetical that we win another Super Bowl or two.

This is all health permitted and assuming the core of the team stays strong. Which is something Jerry Reese may need to keep in the back of his head. Yes we have a closing window but we don't really know just how fast or how small/big that window actually is.
    Let me see if I have this straight.

If we win another Super Bowl (or two), and if Eli can stay healthy, while the "core" of the team stays strong; you are going out on a limb to predict Eli will resign with the Giants at age 39? Is that correct? Are you sure there aren't any other conditions you want to add?

I'll never understand why some of you just can't appreciate the guy for who he is and what he's accomplished.

The idea that you must envision his career as a storybook speaks volumes. And if those storybook expectations are not met will he have failed?

I doubt any of you hold yourself to such ridiculously high standards, and why you do it to this guy is something you probably need to come to grips with.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Let me see if I have this straight.

The idea that you must envision his career as a storybook speaks volumes.
    I like chapter 42 and 46, I've read it a bunch of times.

Only Eli can answer that but I assume you once 2019 comes both sides will collectively get together and talk about their options and go from there. He will never make it to Free Agency.
    I agree with that. I believe he will retire if they let him know they are moving forward. I think the 1st round pick in 2018 will be his successor ready to take over for Eli in 2019.

Veteran
    And of course it will be for the betterment of the team. Eli is 36 years young, he will turn 39 in 2020 which is when his contract is up and becomes a FA -- however it won't get to that point.

I also say this with the hypothetical that we win another Super Bowl or two.

This is all health permitted and assuming the core of the team stays strong. Which is something Jerry Reese may need to keep in the back of his head. Yes we have a closing window but we don't really know just how fast or how small/big that window actually is.
    I dont think he'll get a contract, well, if his play continues to deteriorate.

However, if he improves his play im all for keeping him.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    I agree with that. I believe he will retire if they let him know they are moving forward. I think the 1st round pick in 2018 will be his successor ready to take over for Eli in 2019.
    I think if Watson is there at 23 we take him. I think he actually compares to Eli quite a bit.

If he's not there I hope we dont take any other prospect with the exception of Webb, and him perhaps in the middle rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by CGYgiant View Post
    I think if Watson is there at 23 we take him. I think he actually compares to Eli quite a bit.

If he's not there I hope we dont take any other prospect with the exception of Webb, and him perhaps in the middle rounds.
    I agree in regards to this year. Next year however, that QB class looks strong. D'arnold, Lamar Jackson, Rosen and my personal favorite Mason Rudolph. I think we take one in round 1 in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    What if he agrees to come back for the vet minimum? Not like he needs the money.

"Take this money and buy me an OLine" - Eli Manning

It won't be about the money. It will be about if he can still play at the same level at age 40.
    [img]http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r714/darksaint2/P1250543_zpsflsphdcl.jpg[/img

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    It won't be about the money. It will be about if he can still play at the same level at age 40.
    I think its also about which players we may possibly lose if we give our 39 year old QB another deal at big $.