+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Giants' 10 biggest salary cap hits for 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Glaw View Post
    I thought they could cut him without paying anything and they're just hoping a team will want him and have to give picks for him.
    I think the dead cap hit is 19 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaw View Post
    Brady at 14m....WOW!
    ★★★Markus Kuhn Crew★★★★★★Bobby Hart Crew★★★

Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    I think the dead cap hit is 19 this year.
    hope you're right and he got paid for last year too. What a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    IMO: Dallas is in a bad position with him. No team is going to take that contract with a trade without some icing. Either draft picks to go with it, or Dallas pays a large portion of it , or Picks and pay some portion of it. In the condition Dallas' defense is now (pre-draft) , they cant afford to give up picks. This is what I see happening their going to cut him and pony up 19 million. Or they are going to trade him and pay a large portion of the remainder of Romo's contract.

As further note: I don't see Dallas making a deal with Houston for Romo, I believe Jones is sitting on his hands cutting Romo because he mulling over the notion that he may end up with the Texans. If that happens Houston may not be the red headed stepchild anymore. ( Does he want to give up some marketing and a share of the limelight with Houston) Is that worth 24 million?
    after june 1 thought they would get like 13 mill in cap relief,before it was only 5 mill or something.

Quote Originally Posted by big blue dog View Post
    after june 1 thought they would get like 13 mill in cap relief,before it was only 5 mill or something.

This explains it.

"As a normal release, the base salary for the current year (and future years) evaporates, but the bonus allocation remains. Not only would the club have to deal with the $10.7 million from 2017, but the amounts previously scheduled to hit in 2018 and 2019 would accelerate and be included in the 2017 cap. That would be a total cap hit of $19.6 million. Since Romo was scheduled to count $24.7 million against the cap, the total savings from his release would have been $5.1 million. This amount would be available immediately."

http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2017...million-favor/

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggling View Post
    Brady at 14m....WOW!
    Rightly so, If Eli had Brady's HC and GM he'd have 7 SB's and 7 SB MVPs.

+ Reply to Thread