+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    Could be worse. We don't have a QB on the bench getting paid 24 Million. If that were true we would be on thread number gazillion by now on that topic.
    great point.

Their not on the bench. Dallas is getting zero return for the money. How can you not see that?
    I saw it, but he'll be gone so why mention it. Now if you want to talk about his cap hit last year, HOLY S###!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Incoming 50 page Eli crusade from fans that don't understand NFL contracts
    You are right. They could cut Eli before the 2019 season and take just a small cap hit, ($6.2MM) most of that hit in 2019 is salary. We'd save $16MM.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 03-20-2017 at 02:40 PM.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Can't restructure eli either, or his final 2 years will be like 25+

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You are right. They could cut Eli before the 2019 season and take just a small cap hit, ($6.2MM) most of that hit in 2019 is salary. We'd save $16MM.
    They aren't going to cut Eli after 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    They aren't going to cut Eli after 2019.
    No...possibly before 2019. AFTER 2019 he is a free agent.

My point is that Eli is vulnerable after the 2018 season. It's the way his contract is structured and I'm sure that was very much on purpose.
    His cap hit is over $23MM if he stays and it's $6.2M if he's released. They would save $17MM. He needs to play reasonably well from hear on. Obviously, this team has been willing to release starting QB's if it's in the long term interest of the team.
    I doubt it would ever come to that though. If Eli struggles in 2018 it would end up a mutual decision I'm sure.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

I totally understand that top 5
    1st- OJ Howard, TE
    2nd- Caleb Brantley, DT
    3rd- Dorian Johnson, OG/RT
    4th- Samaje Perine, RB
    5th- Damontae Kazee, CB
    6th- Ejuan Price, DE/OLB
    7th- Tedric Thompson, FS

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Pretty much all of them are worth every penny, everyone should be happy about the fact that we don't have any bad contracts right now, a lot of teams are riddled with them

Only one that makes me flinch a little bit is Vereen, but that's on the lower end and he can actually be a bit of an impact player when he's healthy
    Last edited by Eliordie; 03-20-2017 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaw View Post
    I saw it, but he'll be gone so why mention it. Now if you want to talk about his cap hit last year, HOLY S###!!!!!
    IMO: Dallas is in a bad position with him. No team is going to take that contract with a trade without some icing. Either draft picks to go with it, or Dallas pays a large portion of it , or Picks and pay some portion of it. In the condition Dallas' defense is now (pre-draft) , they cant afford to give up picks. This is what I see happening their going to cut him and pony up 19 million. Or they are going to trade him and pay a large portion of the remainder of Romo's contract.

As further note: I don't see Dallas making a deal with Houston for Romo, I believe Jones is sitting on his hands cutting Romo because he mulling over the notion that he may end up with the Texans. If that happens Houston may not be the red headed stepchild anymore. ( Does he want to give up some marketing and a share of the limelight with Houston) Is that worth 24 million?
    Last edited by TEM; 03-20-2017 at 07:26 PM.

IMO: Dallas is in a bad position with him. No team is going to take that contract with a trade without some icing. Either draft picks to go with it, or Dallas pays a large portion of it , or Picks and pay some portion of it. In the condition Dallas' defense is now (pre-draft) , they cant afford to give up picks. This is what I see happening their going to cut him and pony up 19 million. Or they are going to trade him and pay a large portion o the remainder of Romo's contract.

As further note: I don't see Dallas making a deal with Huston for Romo, I believe Jones is sitting on his hands cutting Romo because he mulling over the notion that he may end up with the Texans. If that happens Houston may not be the red headed stepchild anymore. ( Does he want to give up some marketing and a share of the limelight with Houston) Is that worth 24 million?
    I thought they could cut him without paying anything and they're just hoping a team will want him and have to give picks for him.