+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hankins update

Hankins update

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/843806683986124801

Hard for me to copy/paste a tweet but to sum it up. Giants have an offer in the table, he wants more, no ones offered, Giants want an answer.

Edit: hard to copy a tweet from my phone.
    Last edited by NYGfanNC; 03-20-2017 at 09:38 AM.

I will say that I wonder if NFL FO's have any interest in metrics like PFF when analyzing players. I only ask because according to PFF(hardly an NFL bible to me) Hankins was not a good player last year. That's especially interesting because of the quality of players surrounding him.
    https://crackberry.com/sites/crackberry.com/files/styles/w325/public/images/wallpaper_20080105021921_18172263532.jpg?itok=3ohP  HkYs Don't rent out a home that you are planning to move back to. PM me if you'd ever like to hear my 2 cents and a horror story.

I hope he comes to the realization that he's not going to get what he's looking for, and accepts what the Giants are offering.
    Last edited by BronxBomberBlue; 03-20-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NAVY2323 View Post
    I will say that I wonder if NFL FO's have any interest in metrics like PFF when analyzing players. I only ask because according to PFF(hardly an NFL bible to me) Hankins was not a good player last year. That's especially interesting because of the quality of players surrounding him.
    Im not sure about pff but hankins sure did not pass the eye test to me. Harrison has twice as many tackles than hankins did last year. I'm not sure how hankins can say he is worth more than Harrison.
    2017 offensive plan
    1. cut jennings, cruz
    2. draft a atleast 1- RB, WR, TE in rounds 1-3
    3.draft oline-rounds 1-3

Veteran
    Hankins was good at three or fourth down and short last year. He pushed the pocket a lot, and PFF does not look that.
    I like him, he's certainly not the best DT and not the best fit at 3T, but he's ok and has upside
    Last edited by facundogabriel; 03-20-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Hankins is a good fit for us as our 4th DL but we can't break the bank for him. I bet we only offered like $6m a year.

Quote Originally Posted by NAVY2323 View Post
    why wouldnt they just look at their hours an hours of game and practice film? 'Why should any pro team need of use PFF??
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
    Im not sure about pff but hankins sure did not pass the eye test to me. Harrison has twice as many tackles than hankins did last year. I'm not sure how hankins can say he is worth more than Harrison.
    Hankins seems like he's a run stuffer only. I was expecting him to put up pretty decent sack numbers considering the great players around him. he can't win one on one battles. I wouldn't sign him for more than 4-5 million for 4 years 12 guaranteed.

Cool

Maybe they are itching to pull offer because Mangold has been waiting on hold through the weekend

Jordan Raanan‏@JordanRaanan
    Offer was made for long-term deal before start of free agency. It was believed to be a solid offer. Hankins' team was thinking much bigger.