+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March Madness Thread 2017

March Madness Thread 2017

??? Figured there has to be several by now seeing teams are punching tickets to the Sweet 16.. could not find any and used advanced search feature. Just one from last year. Got to be one under a different heading

Anyway I thought Arkansas got short changed in last possession for NC when they took lead and the Hogs one prior.

Clear charge on the NC player or at least a blocking foul?? No call?? Hogs players just stopped expecting a whistle of some sort while NC player scored uncontested on a put back.

On other side of floor just prior to that It looked as though the ball was deflected by an NC player and then hit the endline before a hogs player threw it off an NC players legs..
    Should of been hogs ball with 2seconds on shot clock or a closer look may have revealed it didn't hit endline and could of been a fresh shot clock. Hogs got screwed

Duke goes down to another SEC school SC!!! O. Ducks came close to their end at hands of URI

№1Overall Seed Nova goes down to Wisconsin

On girls side ND struggled vs #9 Perdue & SC had trouble with ASU. SC getting a favorable timeout granted on a loose ball where I don't think she had control of it and could of been called traveling. On the tie up ball should of went back over to AZ but SC was able to score the winning basket instead

#2 ORU wins by one point in first round

Lots of excitement. Gonzaga getting some ref help to beat NW mainly the go ahead hoop for NW getting knocked out of basket by kid putting his hand up through net and hoop and knocking it out. Goaltending?? Apparently not.

Michigan over #2 Louisville. Love to see that coach lose

Xavier knocking out #6 Maryland & #3 FSU

Thoughts
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Personally, I'm not that into it this year since Syracuse just got bounced from the NIT. I am pulling for UCLA and Alonzo Ball, who looks like a future NBA superstar PG. I am very glad that Duke got beat.

Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    Personally, I'm not that into it this year since Syracuse just got bounced from the NIT. I am pulling for UCLA and Alonzo Ball, who looks like a future NBA superstar PG. I am very glad that Duke got beat.
    Yes and Cuse just got bounced by 30 points from the women's tournament.. and a team like Quinnipiac makes the Sweet 16, lol
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Yes and Cuse just got bounced by 30 points from the women's tournament.. and a team like Quinnipiac makes the Sweet 16, lol
    NCAA Women's basketball is just not interesting because of how dominating UConn is. We would see more NCAA Men's dominance if they just got rid of the 1 and done rule. Either let them go out of high school or make them stay two years. Cuse had no chance against UConn. No one does. Anyways, UCLA has a really good chance of winning this thing. Alonzo Ball is no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    NCAA Women's basketball is just not interesting because of how dominating UConn is. We would see more NCAA Men's dominance if they just got rid of the 1 and done rule. Either let them go out of high school or make them stay two years. Cuse had no chance against UConn. No one does. Anyways, UCLA has a really good chance of winning this thing. Alonzo Ball is no joke.
    I'd like to see that.. I know UCLA can not be considered a Cinderella per say but not one of the top 12 teams seeded

4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE

Oh and if ever there was a year CT women could lose this is the year. And UCLA's women's team could be team to do it. If not Maryland can do it next round

Then Baylor.. ND and SC have suffered major blows due to injury so if either one of them were to face CT in Title game I doubt they'd have a chance now

4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE

Tyler Lydon is going to the NBA.

When will these kids learn that the longer they stay the better their shot in the NBA? Lydon will get bounced around and out of the league quickly. Sucks too because he was developing nicely.

As long as Battle and Thompson dont leave.

And I dont know whats up but Boeheim cant even recruit much anymore. Next year they have 2 3 stars coming in and a 4 star. This team used to pull in mostly 5 stars...

Syracuse is becoming a ghost for sports. Football sucks, and now Basketball is starting to fall off.

To the Tourney overall, I picked a Nova vs Kansas final so my bracket was busted early. I hated to see how Arkansas lost to UNC on some really bad calls.
    Spin that Webb young Davis

Trying to get tickets to the Florida/Wisco game on Friday night, but they only sell tickets for both games together (which makes sense). A little too pricey right now ....
    Last edited by TCHOF; 03-22-2017 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Trying to get tickets to the Florida/Wisco game on Friday night, but they only sell tickets for both games together (which makes sense). A little to pricey right now ....
    Where is the Florida Wisconsin game? Ah, nevermind, MSG. Nice.
    Spin that Webb young Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Trying to get tickets to the Florida/Wisco game on Friday night, but they only sell tickets for both games together (which makes sense). A little too pricey right now ....
    They did the same thing last year in Anaheim. I wanted to see Duke and Oregon only, but they wanted me to pay for both. Too much

+ Reply to Thread