+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Anything that is writen like this in Dallas is a plus in my book.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dall...-best-team-nfc

When the giants a bolded in a huge font and there is a minuscule little font that says Cowboys in a Dallas-Fort Worth sports news site in the headline

Got to love it.

Will have to see how it plays out. Teams that have the better roster on paper don't always pan out to be the better team on the field
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

It amazes me how we can sign Fluker and all of our Oline troubles have disappeared. I guess our Oline wasn't as bad as everyone thought last year.

"Paulie Perkins"???

LOL....
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Paulie Perkins lol

It's way too early to say the Giants are the favorites for anything, but I did laugh when the writer called Perkins 'Paulie Perkins'.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    It amazes me how we can sign Fluker and all of our Oline troubles have disappeared. I guess our Oline wasn't as bad as everyone thought last year.
    You are right. Our OLine wasn't as bad as "everyone" thought. We had that same line in 2015 and had a great offense. Last year was a combination of many things and it all got dumped on the OLine. They were not great or even very good but lots of other things can get fixed without overhauling the OLine.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    You are right. Our OLine wasn't as bad as "everyone" thought. We had that same line in 2015 and had a great offense. Last year was a combination of many things and it all got dumped on the OLine. They were not great or even very good but lots of other things can get fixed without overhauling the OLine.

I really love CRUZ as a player, BUT I think he was one of the main reasons the offense struggled last year.

Couple that with a rookie in the slot, a slow RB and bad TE blocking it wasnt a recipe for success.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGIANTS516 View Post
    I really love CRUZ as a player, BUT I think he was one of the main reasons the offense struggled last year.

Couple that with a rookie in the slot, a slow RB and bad TE blocking it wasnt a recipe for success.
    It seems like the giants are putting almost all their eggs into the Paul Perkins basket for the running game. I like Perkins but I'm nut sure if I like him as a number 1 back. But Sheppard will be a year older. Marshall is better than cruz. And it sounds like the new tight end can block pretty well.
    2017 offensive plan
    1. cut jennings, cruz
    2. draft a atleast 1- RB, WR, TE in rounds 1-3
    3.draft oline-rounds 1-3

Bench Player
    I am going to point out a few things, first the main reason we sucked offensively was one dimensional play calling from our rookie head coach, witch gave apposing Defensive coordinators and defenses a much easier job then they did in 2015 when Coughlin was head coach and Ben had less responsibility.
    So really our Oline has been suspect not having a hard nosed fullback like henry Hynoski, a traditional tight end that can block shed blocks and catch the ball dose not help but it dose not change that most of the Oline are mediocre, as is Ben Mcadoos play calling.