+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
    It seems like the giants are putting almost all their eggs into the Paul Perkins basket for the running game. I like Perkins but I'm nut sure if I like him as a number 1 back. But Sheppard will be a year older. Marshall is better than cruz. And it sounds like the new tight end can block pretty well.
    That is a silly comment to make before the draft even takes place. RB is probably the easiest of all positions to transition from college to the pros. I see us drafting another mid to late Rd RB that shares carries with Perkins and Vareen. RB by committee is how we have handled our running game since Tiki Barber left. And even then we shared carries. It's just how the organization handles it. Rightly so imo. You don't need a stud RB to have a good to great running game.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGIANTS516 View Post
    It was the same play calling the 2 previous years and the offense was in the top 10..

Last year was the TE, RB and CRUZ
    No it was not. We were in the 3 WR set for 90% of our plays last year. That simply did not happen the year before. We also had no FB so did not run many plays requiring one.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

The statements in this post reflect the opinions of the poster and don't not reflect the opinion of the the New York Giants, the State of New York or any New York Giants Personnel. These are only opinions and unless specifically called "facts" they should be treated as the opinions of the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie ray View Post
    You'd think that with Randle (who supposedly couldn't grasp intricate routes or audibles) gone, and Cruz back, it would have been the other way around?
    I thought our play calling was much simpler this past season than in 2014/2015.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

"....and a passing game that's ready to burst". My sentiments exactly.
    Now the inevitable, nowhere else to go but up comments.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    You are right. Our OLine wasn't as bad as "everyone" thought. We had that same line in 2015 and had a great offense. Last year was a combination of many things and it all got dumped on the OLine. They were not great or even very good but lots of other things can get fixed without overhauling the OLine.
    We also got Ellison to block. Let's say, he lines up on the same side as the other teams best DE. He can then help the tackle, whichever one (most likely Flowers), negate the other teams best pass rusher. Then if Fluker pans our like this article suggessts, he will have held down the other tackle spot.
    Our weakness last year at the OT will be mitigated enough to give our receivers enough time to get open.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Will have to see how it plays out. Teams that have the better roster on paper don't always pan out to be the better team on the field
    its hard to pay too much attention to sports opinions because they vary all over the map depending who you read...

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    You are right. Our OLine wasn't as bad as "everyone" thought. We had that same line in 2015 and had a great offense. Last year was a combination of many things and it all got dumped on the OLine. They were not great or even very good but lots of other things can get fixed without overhauling the OLine.
    Mike, if the offensive line wasn't that bad then where did the problems on offense lie, I know there were dropped passes at critical times and missed opportunities by the QB so then it must have been a combination Eli, the O line and WRs..and I can't leave out the O play calling
    Last edited by JesseJames; 03-20-2017 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    That is a silly comment to make before the draft even takes place. RB is probably the easiest of all positions to transition from college to the pros. I see us drafting another mid to late Rd RB that shares carries with Perkins and Vareen. RB by committee is how we have handled our running game since Tiki Barber left. And even then we shared carries. It's just how the organization handles it. Rightly so imo. You don't need a stud RB to have a good to great running game.
    I should have clarified what I meant. I am assuming the giants will draft another back but how much can he contribute in the beginning of the season? Ala Paul Perkins.. With vereen coming off injury, same with darwka, and adding an unproven rookie (if they even draft one), the giants are playing with fire at the rb position. Rb is going to be key to taking this team to the next level. They need to improve time of possession. Our defense is going to get worn down..
    2017 offensive plan
    1. cut jennings, cruz
    2. draft a atleast 1- RB, WR, TE in rounds 1-3
    3.draft oline-rounds 1-3

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    Mike, if the offensive line wasn't that bad then where did the problems on offense lie, I know there were dropped passes at critical times and missed opportunities by the QB so then it must have been a combination Eli, the O line and WRs..and I can't leave out the O play calling
    I have to disagree, the oline was bad, it was the main reason we had to get rid of the ball quickly and limited our play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
    I should have clarified what I meant. I am assuming the giants will draft another back but how much can he contribute in the beginning of the season? Ala Paul Perkins.. With vereen coming off injury, same with darwka, and adding an unproven rookie (if they even draft one), the giants are playing with fire at the rb position. Rb is going to be key to taking this team to the next level. They need to improve time of possession. Our defense is going to get worn down..

I think with the addition of Fluker and a blocking TE especially one that can be a FB, will be an instant improvement to the running game no mater who is carrying the ball. We don't need A Dallas/Oakland type O-line to have success. Last year it was 3,5 yards per attempt just adding a additional 18 inches a carry puts it at 4yds per carry . That equals 3rd and 2. 18 inches is obtainable at minimum just with a blocking TE.