+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
    I should have clarified what I meant. I am assuming the giants will draft another back but how much can he contribute in the beginning of the season? Ala Paul Perkins.. With vereen coming off injury, same with darwka, and adding an unproven rookie (if they even draft one), the giants are playing with fire at the rb position. Rb is going to be key to taking this team to the next level. They need to improve time of possession. Our defense is going to get worn down..

I think with the addition of Fluker and a blocking TE especially one that can be a FB, will be an instant improvement to the running game no mater who is carrying the ball. We don't need A Dallas/Oakland type O-line to have success. Last year it was 3,5 yards per attempt just adding a additional 18 inches a carry puts it at 4yds per carry . That equals 3rd and 2. 18 inches is obtainable at minimum just with a blocking TE.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGIANTS516 View Post
    I really love CRUZ as a player, BUT I think he was one of the main reasons the offense struggled last year.

Couple that with a rookie in the slot, a slow RB and bad TE blocking it wasnt a recipe for success.
    You can blame your genius coach for that. Trying to pass Cruz off as an outside threat was just plain stupid. Defenses basically giggled at that side of field. As soon as Sheppard was drafted, that pretty much ended Cruz's time with the Giants. Meanwhile Tavarres King, a real outside threat, was asked to be a bench warmer. There was no acceptable reason for this.
    Last edited by I Bleed Blue; 03-20-2017 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
    You can blame your genius coach for that. Trying to pass Cruz off as an outside threat was just plain stupid. Defenses basically giggled at that side of field. As soon as Sheppard was drafted, that Giants pretty much ended Cruz's time with the Giants. Meanwhile Tavarres King, a real outside threat, was asked to be a bench warmer. There was no acceptable reason for this.

Cruz was down in % of catches but he did make a handful that were good.
    King had a total of 2 catches on 4 attempts.
    Here's more:
    http://nflsavant.com/game.php?team_c...16&tab=targets
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

play calling was not the problem, it was the defence playing the 2 deep zone. we had no run game or TE to brake the zone.plus it takes away deep passing game. there are only so many play you can use.
    Last edited by sodbuster; 03-20-2017 at 08:22 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    It amazes me how we can sign Fluker and all of our Oline troubles have disappeared. I guess our Oline wasn't as bad as everyone thought last year.
    Rosey I believe Harrison said if Fluker pans out. But you know if these rumors about Mangold coming to play Guard for us happens it would apparently move Pugh back out to Tackle. Unless Fluker goes to RT. With Jerry and Hart as backups. The flexibility alone is an improvement. I don't know how much better it would be but it wouldn't be worse and it would have a possible leap of improvement from last year. The upside could be big and there is no down side the starters from last year would still be on the team.

Rosey I think I'm starting to believe, and the draft will only make us stronger. I'm hoping and praying I think I'm getting a little excited. Every signing were getting stronger.

we still need a top notch offensive collegiate star to improve the O-line

Veteran
    Cruz and Jennings got fewer carries as the season went on but the offense didn't improve. In our last 5 games of the regular season we scored 14, 10, 17, 19 and 19 points against some bad defenses. In the playoffs Perkins got twice as many carries as Jennings and King got almost twice as many targets as Cruz and we scored 13 points. The constant throughout the year was our crappy oline.
    And the play calling was limited by our personnel. The three primary NFL packages are: 11 personnel (one back, one tight end, and three receivers), 12 personnel (one back, two tight ends, and two receivers) and 21 personnel (two backs, one tight end, and two receivers). I hope no one thinks we should have run more 12 personnel with our tight ends and without a fullback we didn't run 21 personnel like we did in 2015. You play the cards you're dealt.
    Last edited by giants_rock; 03-21-2017 at 12:56 AM.

Hooray!!! Giants win the offseason BEFORE the draft!!!

Great job everyone!! Take the day off!!
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie ray View Post
    You'd think that with Randle (who supposedly couldn't grasp intricate routes or audibles) gone, and Cruz back, it would have been the other way around?
    Yes.

Randle had 50-60 catches and 4-7 td's.. Each year.

That would have helped last year..

Cruz had 39 and 1 td.

Horrible numbers, and I love Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
    You can blame your genius coach for that. Trying to pass Cruz off as an outside threat was just plain stupid. Defenses basically giggled at that side of field. As soon as Sheppard was drafted, that pretty much ended Cruz's time with the Giants. Meanwhile Tavarres King, a real outside threat, was asked to be a bench warmer. There was no acceptable reason for this.
    Learning curve.. The team was 11-5, he gets credit for that, but he also made some mistakes.