+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Mangold

I prefer Nick Mango.

If Mangold is signed you have to think that somebody, most likely Fulker, is sliding out to tackle to compete with Hart. That still leaves us with Flowers at LT unless they draft somebody very high, or make a surprsie move like Pugh out to LT. I like getting the big experienced linemen coming in; but the mystery of the 2017 LT is driving me crazy. It's looking like that might be left for draft day; in which case, you've either got Flowers or a rookie protecting Eli's blind side .

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Essex Blue View Post
    Is the plan to play two centres, three guards and no tackles? Clever.
    LOL that is funny cause it's true. But it will still be better than the Center and 4 Guards we had last year. And This year we have 2 Guards as our backups (Jerry and Hart). As compared to 1 Guard last year (Newhouse). Nobody counts Bret jones last year or this year but still another Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    are their teams knocking down his door or something ?

he is a 33 year old o lineman coming off an ankle injury
    Do you think theres any chance at all they move Pugh to left tackle? I feel that gives them a lot of options.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    If Mangold is signed you have to think that somebody, most likely Fulker, is sliding out to tackle to compete with Hart. That still leaves us with Flowers at LT unless they draft somebody very high, or make a surprsie move like Pugh out to LT. I like getting the big experienced linemen coming in; but the mystery of the 2017 LT is driving me crazy. It's looking like that might be left for draft day; in which case, you've either got Flowers or a rookie protecting Eli's blind side .
    I am coming to the conclusion of being resigned to Flowers being our starting LT. He came out a year early and is going into his 3rd year so he is young. But this must be his make or break year.

If we go Mangold I don't think were going OL in the 1st rd. like I thought we were. Ramzak, (sorry for spelling) Boles, Lamp, Robinson I felt 1 of them would be there at #23 but were not going 1st rd. to sit on the bench, at least I would hope not. Apple last years 1st rd. pick didn't start the 1st half last year but did get significant playing time before starting at end of year. OL doesn't get plug in playing time like other positions. I think if the Mangold signing goes through it could very well set a different direction in the draft than OL being a Ist or 2nd rd. pick. For that matter 1st thru 4th I wouldn't think would be a priority with the other holes we should aim at to strengthen.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy Rich View Post
    I am coming to the conclusion of being resigned to Flowers being our starting LT. He came out a year early and is going into his 3rd year so he is young. But this must be his make or break year.

If we go Mangold I don't think were going OL in the 1st rd. like I thought we were. Ramzak, (sorry for spelling) Boles, Lamp, Robinson I felt 1 of them would be there at #23 but were not going 1st rd. to sit on the bench, at least I would hope not. Apple last years 1st rd. pick didn't start the 1st half last year but did get significant playing time before starting at end of year. OL doesn't get plug in playing time like other positions. I think if the Mangold signing goes through it could very well set a different direction in the draft than OL being a Ist or 2nd rd. pick. For that matter 1st thru 4th I wouldn't think would be a priority with the other holes we should aim at to strengthen.
    Disagree. Nick M at his age is a very short term solution. They still would need to Draft guys that can Start and take on major roles in next few years. Can't rely on FA to do it with marginal players getting mega deals and us going to have Cap space issues with JPPs #s and having to re sign Pugh & Richberg next year. Got to get some studs in Draft like Dallas did year in year out. That's how they built that nasty Line not through FA with short term fixes
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

It makes sense for any vet who has a strong desire to get a ring. Mangold has made a ton of money and now he has a shot to play in the playoffs and not have to move somewhere else. Its a great situation for Mangold to be in. They should seriously think about calling Clady also and offer $1mill and maybe even Revis as the 4th corner / safety. Its just a thought but we would be adding much needed veteran depth in the OL and secondary. These moves should not change the drafting process either.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    I hope he is as good of a player as Nick Mangold

Lol
    [img]http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r714/darksaint2/P1250543_zpsflsphdcl.jpg[/img

Quote Originally Posted by fletch842 View Post
    he's got BMarsh and Geno to greet him, so why not???

Reminds me of the days when David Cone, Darryl Strawberry and Dwight Golden came to the Bronx.

That worked out pretty well.
    [img]http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r714/darksaint2/P1250543_zpsflsphdcl.jpg[/img

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Then he will probably retire.
    Just makes no sense for him actually. Guys always think they can start. But I can't imagine that he would sign to be "a body for depth" in someone's camp. Especially when the inside three is pretty much set on that team.
    RG is not set. They brought in Jerry and Fluker and 1 of those may very well end up being the RG. But then again, maybe not. Wouldn't call RG set

+ Reply to Thread