+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 93

Thread: Nick Mangold

  1. #21
    All-Pro bigblue58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    7,181
    That's impossible......the Mongols were defeated in 1260!
    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

    John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

  2. #22
    Moderator YATittle1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uncle YA
    Posts
    26,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well he's been a center his entire career. That seems like a bad plan.
    he has said that he would be open to moving to guard

    not a huge jump from center to guard ... much less responsibility

  3. #23
    All-Pro bigblue58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    7,181
    If they get another ex Jet......does that mean Namath is gonna start criticizing the way the Giants play?
    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

    John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

  4. #24
    Veteran TEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,505
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    If they get another ex Jet......does that mean Namath is gonna start criticizing the way the Giants play?
    That is great +1

  5. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    573
    Is the plan to play two centres, three guards and no tackles? Clever.

  6. #26
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,191
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    he has said that he would be open to moving to guard

    not a huge jump from center to guard ... much less responsibility
    Still trying to figure out where he will play. We signed Fluker and Jerry. They seem committed to Flowers at LT and Pugh and Richburg seemed locked in.
    Mangold isn't the kind of guy who would sign to a team for "depth". He's too good a player and has been for too many years.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  7. #27
    Moderator YATittle1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uncle YA
    Posts
    26,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Still trying to figure out where he will play. We signed Fluker and Jerry. They seem committed to Flowers at LT and Pugh and Richburg seemed locked in.
    Mangold isn't the kind of guy who would sign to a team for "depth". He's too good a player and has been for too many years.
    nothing better than camp competition

    go out and win the position

    what is better than having a guy who can play guard or center

    this team is missing that Seubert, Diehl, Snee kind of guy

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,191
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    nothing better than camp competition

    go out and win the position
    I get that but why would Mangold sign up for that? That guy has had too good a career for that. Our inside guys seem pretty set. The whole thing makes no sense to me. But of course I'm not very bright.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  9. #29
    Moderator YATittle1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uncle YA
    Posts
    26,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I get that but why would Mangold sign up for that? That guy has had to good a career for that. The whole thing makes no sense to me. But of course I'm not very bright.
    are their teams knocking down his door or something ?

    he is a 33 year old o lineman coming off an ankle injury

  10. #30
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,191
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    are their teams knocking down his door or something ?

    he is a 33 year old o lineman coming off an ankle injury
    Then he will probably retire.
    Just makes no sense for him actually. Guys always think they can start. But I can't imagine that he would sign to be "a body for depth" in someone's camp. Especially when the inside three is pretty much set on that team.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts