+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Giants are creating competition for Eli Manning

According to Mike Francesa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NLPMOFqla4

Thoughts?

All-Pro
    If that's the case, they may want to try a little harder than bringing in Geno... just saying...
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

If Geno Smith is the perceived competition then I'm going to have to ask for the check.
    Thank god it's hockey season.

Veteran
    it's the off season. must be a slow day.

"Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Not with the Geno Smith. He's not going to be our starter, and he isn't here to compete. I do like the signing though, b/c I think Smith can have success on the Giants if Eli were to go down.

That said, I do think the Giants are in the hunt to find Eli's eventual replacement. I said this on an earlier thread, but I'm really starting to think the Giants would consider drafting a Trubisky/Watson if they were to fall. I wouldn't be my money on it happening, but I'm starting to think it's not out of the question and wouldn't necessarily be upset if we went after one of them. Particularly Trubisky.

Have them sit behind Eli for a couple years, and see where they're at. Worst case scenario, in 2-3 years, we'll have Trubisky on our roster and can draft another "top rated" college QB to compete once Eli retires.
    2017 FA Targets:

Considering the draft, and the overall depth available at many positions of need for us, here's my "wish list" for FA.

Resign:
    *JPP DE NYG*
    *Jonathan Hankins - DT - NYG*
    *Marshall Newhouse - OG/OT - NYG*
    *Robbie Gould - K - NYG*

Targets:
    WR - Brandon Marshall, Kamar Aiken or Kendall Wright
    OG - Kevin Zeitler, Larry Warford
    OT - Kevin Beachum
    RB - Tim Hightower, Jamaal Charles

I think he meant to say competition to hold Eli's clipboard, that's about all the QB competition there will be.

sounds like arms for camp and maybe someone gets the prize the clipboard.

can't listen to Francesca in the car....Might get a DWI for sleeping

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...2-million-deal

Gino for 2 million is a good deal.