+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants are creating competition for Eli Manning

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brown View Post
    According to Mike Francesa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NLPMOFqla4

Thoughts?
    LMAO,,,no they are not,,,does anybody in their right mind really think Eli wont be the starter week 1? this is almost laughable.

regardless of competition to Eli, it's important to have decent backups for getting guys reps.

http://nypost.com/2017/03/20/geno-sm...-time-student/

"Manning has a streak of 211 consecutive starts dating back to 2004, so Smith should not expect to play too much.

“We expect that to continue,” Smith said. “I’m not coming aboard expecting anything else. This is definitely an opportunity for me to learn and to get better.

“I want to carry my notepad around and whatever I see Eli doing, whether it’s in the classroom, on the field or off the field, I want to write it down. Because he’s a guy you can model yourself after. If you learn from a guy like that, we can all do a lot better.” "

yeah no this isnt competition for Eli lmfao. Mike is getting a little senile in his old age. Taking longer dead air pauses than usual

What this does give us, is a back up QB that has had a few moments of success running an NFL offense.

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    http://nypost.com/2017/03/20/geno-sm...-time-student/

"Manning has a streak of 211 consecutive starts dating back to 2004, so Smith should not expect to play too much.

“We expect that to continue,” Smith said. “I’m not coming aboard expecting anything else. This is definitely an opportunity for me to learn and to get better.

“I want to carry my notepad around and whatever I see Eli doing, whether it’s in the classroom, on the field or off the field, I want to write it down. Because he’s a guy you can model yourself after. If you learn from a guy like that, we can all do a lot better.” "

yeah no this isnt competition for Eli lmfao. Mike is getting a little senile in his old age. Taking longer dead air pauses than usual
    Mike isn't going crazy. His job is to create traffic just like skip bayless and stephen a smith. So they take ridiculous stances.

He needs a backup, so the Geno acquisition is okay.

he's not competition tho.
    Mood: WOOF!

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    my thought is you created a thread already about this topic
    lo,, but he's not obsessed or anything..

Quote Originally Posted by JameyC View Post
    LMAO,,,no they are not,,,does anybody in their right mind really think Eli wont be the starter week 1? this is almost laughable.
    It got people talking, which is exactly what a radio talk shows host's job is.

All-Pro
    What he said was that he felt Mac wanted to create some competition. Which actually coincides with Mac's recent comments about Eli.

Francessa disagreed that this is necessary, and thinks they just need to fix the OL.

Personally, I have no issue with Geno competing for the backup job, nor any issue with Mac trying to push Eli (if that is what he is doing).

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Mike isn't going crazy. His job is to create traffic just like skip bayless and stephen a smith. So they take ridiculous stances.
    idkkkk i think he's def getting crazy. longer pauses, getting more teams wrong and info confused than usual. Sucks he's leaving though because when he's gone there's going to be nothing else to listen to on the FAN after B&C in the morning

+ Reply to Thread