+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offensive and Defensive Prospects who fit the Giants Paradigm in Rounds 1 and 2

Nice Post. I like the players you have identified.

I would add Forrest Lamp to the list, however, he will be gone before pick 23.

Malik McDowell has a world of ability, but there were halfs and games where he kind of disappeared. Daniel Jerimiah had him as our second round pick in path to the draft.

I would love to get get Garret Bolles or Watt if either of them are there in Round 1.

Cooper Kupp has NE Patriot written all over him.

Good post, nice insight!

That being said I dont think we go WR or DE in the 1st or 2nd rounds, we have more pressing needs; OT, OG, DT, LB, CB, RB, TE

To your list Id add

Hassan Red****, OLB - Great pass rusher, decent at coverage. Could play with his hand in the dirt on 3rd downs, extremely versitle. Would be a GREAT addition behind our DL

Jarrad Davis, MLB- Good quality LB, sideline to sideline kind of guy, decent coverage LB, great at covering RBs, awesome at stuffing RBs behind the line, could also contribute to the pass rush

Forrest Lamp, OG/RT- I think we all know about Forrest by now, he's like a mean refrigerator, dude is as close to flawless in this draft in terms of OL as you're getting this draft, could come in and start day 1, could play all 5 line positions

Dion Dawkins, OG/RT- started 3 seasons at LT, but could also play guard, athletic enough to get to the 2nd level and lay some nasty blocks, but the power game is his calling card

Caleb Brantley, DT- Arguably my ideal DT to pair with Snacks (or maybe Jaleel Johnson in the 3rd round) Powerful, stout defensive tackle with the quickness to play the three-technique and the power to play the nose.
    1st- OJ Howard, TE
    2nd- Caleb Brantley, DT
    3rd- Dorian Johnson, OG/RT
    4th- Samaje Perine, RB
    5th- Damontae Kazee, CB
    6th- Ejuan Price, DE/OLB
    7th- Tedric Thompson, FS

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Bench Player
    LOVE McDowell if the character stuff checks out. Engram only if he is a bonafide WR type. He cant inline block.

Bench Player
    I just dont see the Giants going round 1 OL unless the guy has 'Blue goose' (as Reese calls it) LT potential

Veteran
    Very informative post JMAN you put a lot of work into it. I would like any of those players if they fall to us. Though at WR as good as you say the WR is I don't really see a lot of room there. We have 5 wideouts that can play and Harris can be a sixth. We have many more positions that need help than WR. Especially in the first 2 picks. Boles seems to be moving up more and more in these mocks don't know if he or Lamp will still be around. Possibly Ramczyk I suppose cause of that knee. And this McDowell could be the guy depending on perhaps the signing of Hankins but even if we sign him McDowell could still be on radar cause he is so flexible. And now this Red**** is getting a lot of attention as well. A lot of directions to go. Stay tuned FA is not done and it could show us the path were going on.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy Rich View Post
    Very informative post JMAN you put a lot of work into it. I would like any of those players if they fall to us. Though at WR as good as you say the WR is I don't really see a lot of room there. We have 5 wideouts that can play and Harris can be a sixth. We have many more positions that need help than WR. Especially in the first 2 picks. Boles seems to be moving up more and more in these mocks don't know if he or Lamp will still be around. Possibly Ramczyk I suppose cause of that knee. And this McDowell could be the guy depending on perhaps the signing of Hankins but even if we sign him McDowell could still be on radar cause he is so flexible. And now this Red**** is getting a lot of attention as well. A lot of directions to go. Stay tuned FA is not done and it could show us the path were going on.
    Thanks Rich. I agree on the receivers though they are 2 guys who would be awfully enticing especially if they somehow lasted to round 2. Could be wrong, but Red**** just doesnt seem to fit the type we look for despite his production and explosiveness. Wouldnt mind him though.

+ Reply to Thread