+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Dwayne Allen, TE Clemson

At this point in the draft process my guy is Dwayne Allen. To me he seems like a guy who we have a realistic shot at getting, and he makes a lot of sense for the Giants. Did you see what Gronkowski just did tonight?!?! or as a matter of fact what he has done all year?!?!

We need a legit pass catching TE and Allen is our answer. He is also a solid run blocker. This means he would not only take our passing game to the next level, but he would also help out our running game.

Look at the Elite offenses this year NE (Gronk) NO (Graham) GB (Finely) Philly (Celek) SD (Gates) DET (Pettigrew) hello great TE's in all of them. Allen would take our offense to that top tier.

Thoughts?

Re: Dwayne Allen, TE Clemson

I am a fan of his as well. While he hasnt been asked to block much, he has the size and strength to learn.

Being perfectly honest,I think our offense shines most with 2 Wrs + TE rather than 3 wrs.

Considering MM is a free agent who may pursue other teams. A good Passcatching TE who, at the very least provides depth at the position would be huge.

Also, as of right now, we have 1 TE signed for next year and thats Beckum, who isnt really a TE at all. I still expect us to try to resign Ballard, because he fits in here. But wee need more at this position. I hope we look to the draft.

[quote user="Spizi"]At this point in the draft process my guy is Dwayne Allen. To me he seems like a guy who we have a realistic shot at getting, and he makes a lot of sense for the Giants. Did you see what Gronkowski just did tonight?!?! or as a matter of fact what he has done all year?!?!

We need a legit pass catching TE and Allen is our answer. He is also a solid run blocker. This means he would not only take our passing game to the next level, but he would also help out our running game.

Look at the Elite offenses this year NE (Gronk) NO (Graham) GB (Finely) Philly (Celek) SD (Gates) DET (Pettigrew) hello great TE's in all of them. Allen would take our offense to that top tier.

Thoughts?[/quote] I've been saying this for yrs when most were saying we don't use TE that much around here and yada yada yada.. The bottom line is u use whos good and open and when u have players like Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski and Antonio Gates U use them!!!lol Shockey had quite impressive numbers in his prime and even ballard gets used enough for a guy with his talent level(which isn't sensational thats for sure!) I craved getting Tony Gonzalez when we could of gotten him and i wanted Kyle Rudolph last yr and now i really would like to get Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener.. We would have every part of the field loaded with talent and if we re-signed Ballard We'd have a exceptional 2TE's.. Allen is a Antonio Gates clone and Fleener has a nice skill set as well

Look at the teams in the postseason and how important TE's are to them

49ers= Vernon Davis(stud TE who just completely dominated the saints yesterday)

Pats= Gronk and Hernandez( just 2 downright studs! And the pats hardly used TE's that much during brady's reign but again when u got this kinda talent u use em without hindering but only helping your team)

Saints= J Graham( A super stud for a team who again didn't use TE's like that before he was there but when u have a talent like this U use em for the good of your team)

Texans= O Daniels( Underrated pass catcher whos a huge part of what the texans do and if he was healthy all the time would be even better then he all ready is)

Ravens= Ed ****son/D Pitta( 2 up and comers for the Ravens who have been pretty big this yr and are developing nicely for the Ravens)

Bengals= J Gresham( gotten better one yr to the next and is poised to have real big season in yr 3 with Andy Dalton having been with him a full season now Ultra Talented!)

Lions= B Pettigrew( Another player whos only getting better and better and is a huge part of there offense and ridiculously talented TE)

Packers= Finley( super talented pass catcher who is a key cog in that potent offense and is probably gonna get franchised after the season which shows his importance in the offense)

That says it all right there! Outside of the Broncos and Giants(who have ballard whos been pretty big for us) every team has bigtime talent at the TE spot and i don't find that as coincidence at all!

I see your argument about Dwayne Allen...However, not in the first round. If he makes it to us in round 2, then by all means. Lets get him!!

Davis, Gresham and Pettigrew are the only ones on your list that were first round picks...

Tyler Eifert is a guy that I really like... If he decides to declare for the draft, he would be a fantastic pick up in round 2-3.

A sleeper TE in this draft is Nick Provo out of Syracuse. Pass catching TE that can really stretch the field.

"Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Also....

Ladarius Green... Louisiana Lafayette.....ultra talented pass catching TE. From what I read, he really needs to improve his blocking.

2014 Draft:

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

I see your argument about Dwayne Allen...However, not in the first round. If he makes it to us in round 2, then by all means. Lets get him!!

Davis, Gresham and Pettigrew are the only ones on your list that were first round picks...

Tyler Eifert is a guy that I really like... If he decides to declare for the draft, he would be a fantastic pick up in round 2-3.

A sleeper TE in this draft is Nick Provo out of Syracuse. Pass catching TE that can really stretch the field.

[/quote] Those were the only 3 first rounders but u gotta remember those are 3 all around TE's and Dwayne Allen falls in that "all around" category.. Not to mention u are seeing these first rounders more and more recently as its plain as day how important they are and can be if u get a good one... Gronkowski would of been a sure fire 1st rounder if not for the back injury as well(shoot he all most got into rd 1 anyways!!lol)

Veteran

Why not take him in the 1st? He has a legit shot at being one of those elite TE's. I would definitely give up a 1st round pick for Gronkowski wouldn't you?

[quote user="Spizi"]Why not take him in the 1st? He has a legit shot at being one of those elite TE's. I would definitely give up a 1st round pick for Gronkowski wouldn't you?[/quote]

I know mock drafts are just someshmucks opinion on what teams should draft. But, lets use them as a gage of how the NFL draft could play out. If you look at the projected late first round picks, would you be willing to pass on these guys?

Vontaz Burfict, ILB

Donta Hightower, ILB

Lamar Miller, RB

Michael Floyd, WR

Whitney Mercilus, DE

Giants should also be considered for 1 or 2 comp picks... Steve Smith, Barry Coefield, Kevin Boss

2014 Draft:

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

[quote user="Spizi"]Why not take him in the 1st? He has a legit shot at being one of those elite TE's. I would definitely give up a 1st round pick for Gronkowski wouldn't you?[/quote]

I know mock drafts are just someshmucks opinion on what teams should draft. But, lets use them as a gage of how the NFL draft could play out. If you look at the projected late first round picks, would you be willing to pass on these guys?

Vontaz Burfict, ILB

Donta Hightower, ILB

Lamar Miller, RB

Michael Floyd, WR

Whitney Mercilus, DE

Giants should also be considered for 1 or 2 comp picks... Steve Smith, Barry Coefield, Kevin Boss

[/quote] Floyd is gonna be way gone and thats taking 90pct of mock drafts into consideration as all most everyone has him gonna in the 13-20range and Hightower dosen't fit our Defense at all as hes 260lb mlb built for a 3/4 team and Burfict has stunk this whole past season and i just don't think hes the answer and he could be gone anyways or drop into round 2 and i think Whitney is gonna fly up draft boards because hes a Flat out stud and there is a ton of depth at RB(david wilson/ chris polk/ bernard pierce/ lamichael james/ vick ballard/ ronnie hillman/ robert turbin etc) that u could wait on RB if u wanted as theres way more solid RB's then TE's in this draft.. If Whitney is on board I'd certainly take em and u could make a case for miller but outside of that none of those other guys really do it for me or seem to fit our team

in what round?