+ Reply to Thread
    Bench Player

said he "agonized" over his future after the World Cup in Brazil, where

NEW YORK -- Hours after learning that All-Star starter Matt Harvey has a torn elbow ligament, New York Mets manager Terry Collins didnt care who Zack Wheeler was about to face. Michael Jordan Bulls Jersey . The potential ace of the rotation was done for the night. "We said before the game that 105 was the limit," Collins said of Wheelers pitch count. "Obviously, after what happened earlier today were sticking to it." Wheeler was lifted with a runner on second and two outs in the seventh with Phillies lefty Cliff Lee ready to bat. Lee ended up pitching eight innings and leading Philadelphia to a 2-1 victory over New York on Monday night. Wheeler (6-3) was outstanding in his 13th big league start, giving up a two-run triple to Cody Asche among five hits. New York lost for just the second time in his last 10 outings. "I understand but I really want to be out there," Wheeler said of being lifted in the seventh. "Its definitely going to be a while before any of us get back up there in pitch count. Its not their fault, but its just human when your best pitcher goes down." The Mets were stunned to learn Harvey has a torn ulnar collateral ligament. The right-hander felt more discomfort in his forearm than usual Saturday during his start against Detroit. He was sent to the Hospital for Special Surgery on Monday for an exam, which included an MRI. A full prognosis wont be made until swelling in the elbow goes down in about two weeks. "It was the last thing I was expecting when I went this morning," Harvey said Monday. "I am going to do everything I can to avoid surgery." Harvey admitted he was tired against the Tigers, the 26th start of his first full season in the major leagues. Collins said he noticed Harveys pitches werent as crisp, a sign of fatigue. "Nothing is shooting in my elbow at all. Thats not the issue," Harvey said. "When I heard the news, I was pretty shocked. Im still very optimistic." General manager Sandy Alderson said during a downcast news conference the injury wasnt caused by one incident, but is "progressive," so even if the 24-year-old Harvey can avoid surgery now it might be necessary in the future. Recovery time for Tommy John surgery is about a year. The No. 7 pick in the 2010 draft, Harvey is 9-5 with a 2.27 ERA. He has an NL-leading 191 strikeouts in 178 1-3 innings and was a top candidate for the Cy Young Award. "It put everybody down," catcher Travis dArnaud said. "When we heard the news, everybody was just speechless. I just feel terrible, man." The Mets were working on limiting Harveys innings to a little more than 200 this season. Alderson said there is no real formula for managing the careers of young pitchers. "These innings limits are not a guarantee of anything. Theyre certainly not based on any science," Alderson said. "This is a kind of progressive injury that isnt a function of ... we dont believe in this case a specific incident or quote overuse. Its an anatomical fact that these things happen." The blow is particularly tough for an organization that has not been to the playoffs since 2006, and hasnt had a winning season in its new ballpark that opened in 2009. But Harvey was the first of several top young pitchers who were supposed to help lead New York back to the post-season, and Mets captain David Wright cited the talent in the minor leagues as one of the reasons he signed a big contract to remain in New York last winter. Wright sat next to Harvey in the dugout to watch the first couple of innings of fellow first-round pick Wheelers outing. Wheeler didnt disappoint, but the 2008 AL Cy Young Award winner Lee was a bit better. Lee (11-3) gave a bullpen taxed by an 18-inning loss Saturday a much-needed rest. He allowed a run and five hits to win for the first time in seven starts since July 5. He also made several nice plays in the field. Asche hit his first major league triple -- with two outs in the fourth -- as the Phillies improved to 7-4 under new manager Ryne Sandberg and won for the second time in 15 road games. The Phillies avoided falling again behind the Mets, who lost their fifth straight and dropped into fourth place in the NL East. Jonathan Papelbon was perfect in the ninth for his 22nd save in 28 opportunities. Until the eighth, Lee didnt face trouble after the Mets got a gift in the second inning when they took a 1-0 lead. Marlon Byrd led off the second with a routine fly to right-centre. In what appeared to be a moment of indecision between centre fielder Roger Bernadina and right fielder John Mayberry Jr., the ball fell in between the two for a double. Byrd scored on Andrew Browns single. With two outs in the eighth, Lee struck out Juan Lagares with runners on first and second after falling behind 2-0 in the count-- the Mets only inning besides the second in which they had more than one baserunner. "I didnt feel as good as it turned out, to be honest with you," Lee said. "I felt like I had to battle and was able to continue to get outs." NOTES: Collins said RHP Carlos Torres will start Thursday in place of Harvey. Torres got two outs Monday. ... The Phillies placed OF Casper Wells on the 15-day DL because of vision problems. Pete Orr was called up from Triple-A Lehigh Valley. ... Mets 1B Josh Satins streak of reaching base in all 29 games as a starter ended. Tony Kukoc Jersey . Wade is posting a short film on his website next week, with a sneak preview scheduled to come out Wednesday. Bulls Hoodie . With the Rangers already leading 2-0, Carey Price was taken down early in the second period of New Yorks 7-2 pounding of the Canadiens in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final on Saturday afternoon. http://www.authenticbullsauthority.com/hats-c-3/ . -- Edwin Encarnacion hit a three-run homer, Colby Rasmus drove in two runs and the Toronto Blue Jays beat the Detroit Tigers 9-4 on Saturday. LONDON -- England captain Steven Gerrard announced his retirement from international football on Monday to focus on playing for Liverpool. The 34-year-old midfielder made 114 appearances for England over 14 years. Gerrard said he "agonized" over his future after the World Cup in Brazil, where England went out after the first round. He told the Football Association that "this has been a very difficult decision, one of the toughest Ive had to make in my career." Gerrards career with the Three Lions began with a 2-0 win against Ukraine in 2000. He is third all-time in appearances for England behind goalkeeper Peter Shilton (125) and David Beckham (115). Gerrard was captain for 38 internationals and scored 21 goals, including three in hiis 12 World Cup appearances. Jerian Grant Bulls Jersey. "I have enjoyed every minute of representing my country and it is a sad day for me knowing that I wont pull on the England shirt again," Gerrard said. "To ensure I can keep playing to a high level and giving everything to Liverpool Football Club I believe this is the right decision." England manager Roy Hodgson was "disappointed" with the decision, but said he understood it. "I must respect his wishes due to the discussions we have had and the amount of thought and consideration he himself has given it," Hodgson said. "We shall miss his leadership qualities as we look ahead to the (Euro 2016) qualification campaign with a youthful group of players." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

All-Pro
    Yeah, you will last long here....

What is up with all the Bogus China click bait links. I can't see how that is official NFL apparel.

Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    What is up with all the Bogus China click bait links. I can't see how that is official NFL apparel.
    They sell the same ones where we hit ports in Dubai in the Navy. They look 100% legit, they cost 20 bucks. I have quite a few Giants, Mets and even a Rangers jersey(Got the Callahan winter classic, got home off deployment and he was promptly traded, I'll never get that 20 bucks back).
    https://crackberry.com/sites/crackberry.com/files/styles/w325/public/images/wallpaper_20080105021921_18172263532.jpg?itok=3ohP  HkYs Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    Yeah, you will last long here....
    What in the heck was the point of all that
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

1st- OJ Howard or David Njoku, TE
    2nd- Dion Dawkins, OT/OG
    3rd- Jaleel Johnson, DT
    4th- Samaje Perine, RB
    5th- Damontae Kazee, CB
    6th- Ejuan Price, DE/OLB
    7th- Tedric Thompson, FS

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'