+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Giants future QB Chad Kelly OLE Miss

I'm telling you guys...Chad Kelly is the kind of guy the Giants tend to take right off their board.

Not saying it's the case here, but it seems very possible.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm telling you guys...Chad Kelly is the kind of guy the Giants tend to take right off their board.

Not saying it's the case here, but it seems very possible.
    I think most of us would agree. It'd be nice to gamble on one of these late round baggage type guys tho. Many of our picks don't amount to much in these rounds anyway.
    2017 Draft Wishlist:
    1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
    2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
    3. Antonio Garcia OT Troy
    4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
    5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
    6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
    7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Obviously I don't know how each team had the players ranked and neither do you. Without knowing that, how do you make the claim that we were the only team that passed on Tunsil?
    I based my assumption on the current pattern of Qbs going very high regardless of talent. That takes up 2 spots. Then I looked at the fact that most of the teams that picked before him did pick o line at all they addressed other needs. It would seem safe to say the teams that went oline first would probably have taken him also teams that had a huge need at that position like the giants, but why would I act like all these teams passed on him when they didn't even look for the next best option.
    I think Jennings should do that lame TD celebration while he steps out the front door of the giants facilities for the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by andthewinneris View Post
    I based my assumption on the current pattern of Qbs going very high regardless of talent. That takes up 2 spots. Then I looked at the fact that most of the teams that picked before him did pick o line at all they addressed other needs. It would seem safe to say the teams that went oline first would probably have taken him also teams that had a huge need at that position like the giants, but why would I act like all these teams passed on him when they didn't even look for the next best option.
    You initially said that the Giants were the only team who passed on him, but now you acknowledge that at least two teams (Ravens and Titans - who picked OT's ahead of the Giants) also passed on him. You also admit now that you don't know if any of the other teams in front of them (except for the two teams that selected QB's) also passed.

Sounds to me that you are now admitting that your initial statement that the Giants were the only team that passed on Tunsil was wrong. Good for you. Takes a big man to admit when he is wrong.

sounds like a UDFA!!

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    You initially said that the Giants were the only team who passed on him, but now you acknowledge that at least two teams (Ravens and Titans - who picked OT's ahead of the Giants) also passed on him. You also admit now that you don't know if any of the other teams in front of them (except for the two teams that selected QB's) also passed.

Sounds to me that you are now admitting that your initial statement that the Giants were the only team that passed on Tunsil was wrong. Good for you. Takes a big man to admit when he is wrong.
    Yes in my original post I hastily said we were "like" the only team to pass on him. After I actually looked at the list of picks I saw that you could possibly make the argument that a handful of teams MAY (since we don't know what there actual draft board looked like) have passed on tunsil. Sounds to me like it's pretty simple math and common sense to see that not to many teams let that picture effect his draft stock. You can argue semantics all week if you like but the fact is he went what 13th out of 224. More than that with all the extra picks and undrafted fa but he still went high (pun most definitely intended). It does take a big man to point out where he is wrong. What does it take to argue a point you know ur wrong on just for arguments sake? Avid blogger or high school girlfriend...
    I think Jennings should do that lame TD celebration while he steps out the front door of the giants facilities for the last time.

Tunsil would have been the 1st OT to go in the draft if not for the video. Instead he went 13th overall and 2 OTs were chosen before him. There's the facts, let's get back on topic
    2017 Draft Wishlist:

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Tunsil would have been the 1st OT to go in the draft if not for the video. Instead he went 13th overall and 2 OTs were chosen before him. There's the facts, let's get back on topic
    Yeah those are the FACTS.
    That being understood I don't think Kellys draft stock will plummet because of a picture maybe the fact he won't be able to throw a football for a couple months or the fact he wasn't viewed as combine invite worthy athlete to begin with but probably not because of a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by andthewinneris View Post
    Yeah those are the FACTS.
    That being understood I don't think Kellys draft stock will plummet because of a picture maybe the fact he won't be able to throw a football for a couple months or the fact he wasn't viewed as combine invite worthy athlete to begin with but probably not because of a picture.
    Agreed. He's got a laundry list of red flags and the pic is moot.
    2017 Draft Wishlist:

- Homer J. Simpson

+ Reply to Thread